“Seine Erfahrung”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Seine Erfahrung”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

It was an excellent experience! It was very close to many major spots in Berlin! It had a great wifi connection! The restaurant food and the breakfast was very good and high quality! Also the staff were excellent and very helpful! This is great place to stay that is quite affordable! It is Highly Recommended and puts you in the heart of the city!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sebastian-oemer, General Manager at Arcotel John F, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear guest, Thank you so much for your excellent feedback. We are really happy to hear that you had a brilliant stay at the ARCOTEL John F. Please come back in the very near future.

Kind regards from Berlin,

Your team of the ARCOTEL John F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

THis is my first review but second stay at the Arcotel John F Kennedy. I was referred to this hotel a few years ago by my brother as he frequented the hotel when on business in Berlin. My last visit back in 2011 was fantastic so when it came to select a hotel in berlin for this most recent trip, well, I didn't really select a hotel at all, I just booked instantly with the Arcotel and went from there.

There are a number of reasons I gravitate back to the Arcotel when in Berlin.

1) A quasi- boutique ambience, but not really a boutique hotel and certainly without the pretentious attitude and pretentious price tag

2) Excellent service from the front desk and concierge staff. Case in point, I checked in before my room was ready and the concierge took my luggage from the store room automatically to my room when the room became available. I didn't even have to ask, but I'm glad they did.

3) I'm a fan of residing in Mitte. The Museum Island is within sight of the hotel. Access to the vital hub of Alexanderplatz is about fifteen minutes by foot or slightly less when walking up to Unter den Linden and then jumping on the parade of buses headed to Alexanderplatz.
4) Ease of access to the TXL bus via the Staatsoper stop at Bebelplatz. Alternativelty, the U-bahn is just a few blocks away and the U2 train route that is nearest the hotel stops at both Alexanderplatz and Potsdamer Platz
5) Room decor and design is chic yet not trying to be uber-minimalistic of shocking. Oh yeah, the rooms are generously sized too.

I really like the attitude of the hotel and its niche as a boutique style hotel without the frills and attitude. When it comes to retiring to the room, I found my room to be large, quiet, and comfortable. The bedding was fantastic. Shower water pressure was stellar too. My only complaint is that I prefer stand up showers to bath tubs, but that's my personal view only being expressed here. The wifi worked fine too and it was included in the room rate.

The lobby bar is comfortable and inviting though to be fair I didn't consume anything from the bar. I did find the temperature of the fitness room area on the 6th floor to be quite hot and humid when I popped in to take a look. Maybe the door to the sauna and wellness relaxation room wasn't supposed to be open, but in any case, the temperature up there was far too stifling to perform a non-Olympian level exercise. Personally, in Berlin when the climate is agreeable I prefer to go for a nice run along the Spree River and skip the gym, but it's always nice to have the gym available and functional.

The Mitte location really works well for me. All the mass transit tools are available with close reach whether it is the U-bahn, TXL bus, or the S-bahn at Alexanderplatz. The neighborhood is quiet and dare I say a bit sleepy, but I am perfectly fine with that aspect of the location. There is plenty of action to be found in Berlin and it won't be far away.

Lastly, the hotel is economical. I can't complain about the price and I felt I was receiving a very good value by being their guest. For business or leisure alike, I'd recommend taking a look at the Arcotel product for a very comfortable and relaxing night's stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank RegionalRoadie
sebastian-oemer, General Manager at Arcotel John F, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear guest, Thank you so much for your very detailed review on your stays at the ARCOTEL John F. It makes us very proud to find out that we were able to convince you of our hospitality.
We are always trying to provide a great service and improve ourselves. So reading your review shows that we are on the right way. Please be assured that your feedback will be passed on to all members of staff. We are really looking forward to welcoming you back in Berlin in the very near future.

Best wishes from Berlin

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located in Mitte for exploring East Berlin, although the streets immediately surrounding the hotel are extremely quiet. The hotel is clean, smart & stylish, the staff are multilingual and really do try to look after you well. The breakfast is fantastic. Recommended.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
sebastian-oemer, General Manager at Arcotel John F, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear guests,
Thank you so much for your good feedback. We are very glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the ARCOTEL John F. It would be our pleasure to be able to welcoming you back in Berlin.

Workington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed here with my wife for 4 nights.Good hotel in a quiet safe environment. Nearest underground station 400metre walk from Hausvogeitplatz(which is on a direct line from Alexanderplatz) which is easily navigable to hotel. We had a room on the sixth floor overlooking a courtyard which was very quiet. The room was large with a king sized bed and two rocking chairs for some reason and was well maintained. Bathroom had a bath with shower attachment above the bath. We were on a room only basis but we were offered full breakfast at 15euro pppn or continental buffet at 7.50euro pppn which we opted for and is served in the bar. The breakfast seemed decent value and we probably could not have got any cheaper in any of the local cafes. Overall the hotel is in a good location handy for museums, restaurants( ask at reception for directions to restaurant locations, we found the staff quite helpful). If visiting Berlin again I will certainly use this hotel again as we found it good value for money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fellman
Dear guests,
We are very grateful for your kind feedback. It was a real pleasure to hear that you enjoyed staying at the ARCOTEL John F. Please come back in the very near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

If you would like to explore Berlin by foot, this hotel is highly recommended. It is just in the middle of everything, great cafes and shopping. The rooms were big for the great price I paid and very friendly staff and great interior!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your kind rating on TripAdvisor. Pleasw come back in the very near future.

The team of the ARCOTEL John F
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Arcotel JohnF was perfect for a few days in Berlin. It is on the edge of Mitte, a short walk to shopping or across the Spree river towards Alexanderplatz.

The hotel is clean and modern. Our room was on the back and very quiet. The room was spacious and comfortable.

The gym is very small -- three cardio machines, two saunas and a steam room.

One negative was the breakfast -- 22 Euros for a modest buffet breakfast was a bit steep. After paying that once we went to the bakery around the corner the remaining mornings and paid 5 Euros for a light breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GVancouver
Dear guests,
Thank you for your kind feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a good time at the ARCOTEL John F. We appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast and will pass on the information to the relevant department. Nevertheless we are looking forward to your next visist in Berlin.

The team of the ARCOTEL John F
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very lively hotel in a good location in Mitte close to museeuminsel nickolaiviertel and gendarmenmarkt and brandeburg gate
Close to underground too

Breakfast a bit expensive but very good

Good value overall

Helpful staff
Would recommend it to others

• Stayed September 2013