“Disappointed”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had read a review of this in the newspaper so we booked in advance of travelling to Germany and were really looking forward to eating here. The restaurant makes much of its quirkiness, particularly in the lack of signage but we found the entrance disconcerting even after we had been buzzed into the building. We are committed vegetarians and do not normally eat big meals but we were talked into ordering the 3-course meal which we found was more than adequate. As to the food itself, we can only say that it was unusual with some interesting textures and taste contrasts - very modern presentationbut not necessarily tasty or satisfying.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I came to Cookies Cream for a celebratory meal with my boyfriend, as it was our anniversary and his birthday. I had told the staff in advance and they were lovely to us and gave us very special which made our evening perfect.

The food was phenomenal - every course was unique to anything I'd had before and it was presented very well. The ambiance and atmosphere was relaxed and informal and had a great vibe.

Have a read up about how to find the place, and it's not actually that difficult once you know what to expect.

I would come to Berlin again just for this restaurant!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was my third visit to Cookies Cream. I've always found the food to be excellent and of a consistently high quality - the parmesan dumplings with artichokes are a must although you may be feeling a little heavy afterwards.

Service is good, but there is a lack of attention to detail which I think makes it a 4 rather than a 5 star restaurant.

It's a great place to come pre-clubbing or for a fun night out with friends and would highly recommend it to all Berlin visitors.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

So we're vegetarian, we're in a new city in a country famed for it its meat...my husband stumbled across this place whilst searching a number of review sites.

It's fabulous.

Quirky location (wouldn't recommend for individuals to arrive/leave by themselves after dark but then why not meet somewhere nearby and walk over together?) but once inside it really makes up for it.

Truly inventive, creative and inspiring food, all of it really tasty. We splashed out on a relatively pricey bottle of wine to go with it, and the staff were happy to recommend dessert wines for us too.

It's quite casual in terms of seating, dress and style so might not suit everyone, but I loved the exposed concrete walls with the soft seating/table cloths, I'm deaf and often find it hard to hear in "industrial"/minimalist restaurants, particularly with open kitchens but I had no problems here.

The food was all delicious, and I felt it was good value for money given what we paid for other meals in Berlin, but the wine was a bit on the pricey side.

So good that I'd be tempted to fly back to Berlin just to go back!

1  Thank Trurzy
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and delicious vegeterian food, great atmosphere and wonderful service, highly recommended for veggies and also non veggies