“A place to return”

Ranked #146 of 351 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Most, Czech Republic
“A place to return”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

For already three years I´ve been using Q Damm Apartments for my every stay in Berlin. Very good location, clean rooms, private parking. Kitchenette equipped with everything I need - a tea pot. Very good value and very helpful guys. I will come again for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Cagliari, Italy
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The apartments are centrally located just a 10 min walk from Berlin's zoological garden, 5 min to the closest metro stop (U1). Clean Room and bathroom, nice kitchenette, Wi-Fi, almost perfect...

It could have been a "very good" to "excellent" accommodation if it wasn't for the excessively noisy lift. It sounded like there was a U-bahn train running in the corridor every 5 to 10 min from early morning until late night.

It was very hard to sleep before all guests were back and even when we did, we had been woken up by the lift a few times per night, each of the 4 nights we spent there.

So overall, it was a poor experience. Even if the noisy lift was the only drawback I found, It was in our opinion a huge one.

Hopefully they'll fix this issue soon, until then, I suggest to book elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Manuel S

Travelers are raving about these Berlin hotels

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Pros

1. The appartments are located in a very central location. Very close to Q-damm, and 12 minutes walk from the zoological garden - a central station from which you get to anywhere in Berlin.
2. Very clean room
3. The kitchenette is fully equipped with everything you need to cook your own meals, so that was very comfortable.
3. The people at the reception were very nice and helpful

Cons

1. Reception is only available from 10:00 to 18:00 every day. What if you need them before or after?
2. I booked a large double bed and got a bed that is basically 2 twin beds connected by a wooden frame, which means there is a frame between the 2 beds and as such, is not a large double bed...
When I asked about it they said that because the hotel is fully booked, they give this type of beds to solo travelers, and there wasn't any other room to move me to. Since there's wood between the bed, it's not 2 twin beds I could have connected. So I had to sleep in a twin bed although this is not what I have paid for.
3. The water temperature keeps changing. Imagine standing in the shower under hot water when suddenly the water's temperature changes to super cold. This is very unpleasant, especially in the winter. When I asked reception about this, they asked if I played with the regulator. Why would I play with a regulator, I didn't even know there is one... So they told me they'd look into it, but nothing changed. The shower kept surprising me every day with cold water.
4. The drapes they use all over the hotel don't match the window size... There are two drapes that together don't cover all the window. Which means that in the morning the sun wakes you up pretty early. Why not replace all drapes with drapes that actually fit the window?

To summarize my experience, although the room was clean and central, it wasn't as comfortable as published, and if I come to Berlin again I will look for another hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room in the highest possible floor and if you need internet in your room, make sure to ask for...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Everything!!! Lovely apartment, clean, equipped with all you need, and excellent location - just off the main shopping street!
Alain and Ilan were wonderful and when we arrived they explained to us where the best places to go and advised us on places to visit, including bars, restaurants, clubs, markets, etc..

In summary, we enjoyed our stay very much in Q appartments, it was a perfect value for money, central location and cleanliness of the apartment was just as high of a good hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2013

5 days, 3 friends ( girls)
Very clean place and well designed for a good relax in a beautiful area!
Free good working wi-fi (ask the password at the reception), big TV and a real kitchen so you can drink your morning coffee at "home" and cook your food.
The Guy's at the reception are very nice and helpful! Give you all the info about the best places in the city and great Tips for planning your stay.
Located in perfect quiet street short walk from all you need! (Shopping, food, bars, bus/train, ke-de-ve and the amazing zoo).
We recommend the Q-damm apartments in berlin if you want a perfect relaxing place for little money! ;)

• Stayed May 2013
Metz, France
Reviewed February 25, 2013

One night, I forget the keys in the room (on the door)... So we couldn't go in even with their keys from outside. They gave us an another room the night and the next morning they found a solution to open it in front of us ! I was expected to pay at least the other room + the change of the lock but everything has been done free of charge ! They have been really wonderful with us and I couldn't recommend more their apartments ! The location is really great (close to KaDeWe, to many shops, to metro, ecc). The room are clean and present you everything you need in order to have a good stay (also a bottle of water offered). If you want to have a break or just having a trip to Berlin and you want to go out of the hotels, don't hesitate to go to q Damm Apartments !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The Q Damm Apartments in Berlin are close to Breitscheidplatz, clean and provide you with all you need. Theres a nice kitchen with everything you need to cook your meal. You have a good Wifi connection throughout the apartment complex. There is very helpful staff at the reception that can show you how to get around if you are new to the city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends