“Good supper, but nothing special”
Review of 12 Apostel

12 Apostel
Ranked #163 of 8,934 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We were here for dinner with friends. We sat outside but it is not particularly beautiful. My biggest complaint is that trains go by above the restaurant every few minutes and in between the trams stop right in front of the place. It made conversations difficult.
The place is very large, so do not come here for a romantic dinner or looking for a quaint little place. Many tourists (close to the Museumsinsel) and lots of students (close to Humboldt University).
For dinner I had a pizza, which was bery big! I was happy with it - good dough and nice arugula as additional topping. Not overwhelmed, but good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

On our first day in Berlin we came to 12 Apostel as it was near our hotel, the staff were welcoming and we got a nice table outside.

My boyfriend and I both ordered pizzas which came quickly, they were enormous and had plenty of toppings too :) they were too much to manage but definitely worth it!

The service was fast, friendly and efficient, when the bill came I thought they had made a mistake but it turned out we had come at business lunch hours which I would definitely recommend!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've eaten here on a number of occasions, the pizza's are tasty, huge and great value for money. The restaurant is conveniently situated. Service is good.

Would recommend you book if visiting in peak times.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Located under the train tracks, you may think you are riding a train. But, the food is good and reasonably priced. GE pizzas are named after the 12 apostles......no kidding. It is a fun place with a wide selection of Italian food and pretty good wine list. I was with a large group and we had a nice time.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Visited during their lunchtime deal, had a couple of their pizzas. Certainly very nice but have had nicer pizzas elsewhere and certainly a cheaper deal can be found elsewhere in Berlin.

The decor is very good (in an over the top religious kitsch way), and the service was friendly and attentive. Good to visit if you're in the area but nothing to make a trip for.

1  Thank Travelling_Turtle84