All reviews bed dorm prenzlauer berg location is great common room great place to stay decent size room key rooms are nice young people reception area stayed here for nights lockers wifi ensuite alexanderplatz stops subway
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

Positives - Really spacious rooms with ensuite between four people in ours. Comfortable beds with small area for personal effects and reading light. Friendly bar staff, free wifi, clean floors and sheets. Fairly warm (although quite cold one night), quiet. Decent breakfast at good price, not massive but enough. Free juice and coffee during breakfast service. Pool table and I think it had a table tennis and foozeball table outside. Lift to bedrooms and decent size individual locker which locked with room key. All digital.
Negatives - pillows on beds are pretty rubbish. No information given on check in about the city or the features of the hostel like towel or electronics rental. Website prices don’t match current prices.

Would stay again but maybe not in peak season as it’s very overpriced for what it is

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2018

The hostel location is pretty good. Walking to the main areas of the city doesn't take a long time and it is located near a lot of restaurants and mainline subway stops. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are quite nice and clean but the overall environment feels more like a hotel than a hostel. The staff is really nice but when I was there, there were not any events going on to get everyone together. I would recommend if you are looking for a nice place to sleep and have a quiet time.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm with two other friends over the weekend. The hostel had a great vibe, the reception area had a pool table and a bar and there was nice outside areas to drink or relax too. The location is great - just 10 mins walk to the centre of Mitte and easy access to transport.

The toilet and showers were seperate - both were clean and what you expect from a hostel.

The bedroom was decent size but the massive downside for me was the temperature of the hostel. It was actually unberable even at night to the point where everyone in the room was sweating. There weren’t any fans anywhere despite it being 33 degrees in Berlin.

One night we even did our makeup in the bar because even the toilets were so warm. We were supposed to stay here three nights but we decided to leave early because of the heat.

I bet this is a good hostel in the winter months when it’s cooler, but I wouldn’t recommend in the summer unless they allow you to borrow a fan or something.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Me and my friends have recently finished our stay at this hostel. We booked a three night stay in this hostel in a 6 bedroom mixed room. The hostel itself is in a perfect location with great transportation around the city. The hostel itself is very modern and clean (one of the most modern hostels I’ve ever stayed in) the communal shower and toilet areas were great with 5 showers for each gender on every floor. HOWEVER, if you’re considering staying in the hostel within the summer months then please stay with caution. The rooms are unbearably hot even on a night when the sun was down the hot air was trapped (not great when sleeping on the top bunk) there were no fans offered by the hostel too their guests to help with the heat. The heat was that bad that it meant that me and my friends cut our stay short and left after the second night to move elsewhere. I do believe that the hostel would be perfect in spring/autumn when the temperatures are below 20 degrees but am really disappointed that our stay was cut short because of the heat. I do hope that if the summer temperatures carry on as they do that the hostel will consider to instal air-con / ventilation systems to deal with the heat.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed here as part of our inter railing trip. Booked for 3 nights but ended up only staying 2 purely down to heat in the rooms. Hostel is great, very clean and modern with a great atmosphere. The bathrooms were shared and a great size. Bedrooms were also bigger than previously experienced at other hostels. The hotel staff were also very friendly and it is great that the bar is open 24/7. However, I would not reccomend staying here in the summer months. The heat in the rooms was unbareable! We had 2 very sleepless nights and woke up in a pool of sweat each morning. The windows hardly opened and there were no fans provided. We actually dreaded getting ready in our rooms due to the heat. It’s such a shame because the hostel was perfect besides the heat issue. I would definitely reccomend the hostel to look into providing fans or making the windows open further in the summer months as we would not stay here again in July / August. As previously mentioned we actually cut our trip short because we could not bare the thought of having to stay in the room again.