“good location, fair price, nothing to write home about”
Review of Pfefferbett Hostel

Pfefferbett Hostel
Ranked #27 of 349 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Hamburg, Germany
“good location, fair price, nothing to write home about”
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We stayed there for2 nights (my partner and myself, and some friends). For my friends, I booked 2 beds in a female dorm, for myself and my partner I booked a private double room.
On arrival, check in was pleasant and quick, with the receptionist being slightly irritated about me providing a UK address.
On the way to the room I was surprised to find everywhere clean and modern. However, our room turned out to be not a double but a twin room, although on our booking confirmation it stated double room. As a couple who dont see each other very often, you certainly do not want a visitors gap in the middle of the bed!! We also had a TV, but couldnt find a phone anywhere, although that was one of the amenities that come with a private double room.
We had breakfast on all mornings, for 4 Euros per person it is very reasonably priced, but you have to pay extra for things like scrambled eggs and bacon, sweet pastries, yoghurt etc. There was some fresh veg like tomatoes and cucumber, but no fresh fruit.
The drinks in the bar are reasonably priced as well, and the staff are friendly too.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I stayed at the hoster for two night at an ensuite double room. The hostel has a very good location, walking distance from Alexanderplatz and right across the street from the metro station. Ideal if you don't want to spend too much time in the metro. The room was big and clean with a nice view over the neighbourhood. Our room was cleaned during the day which was rather unexpected for a hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful, they gave us good information about buses to the airport and printed my boarding card. The only negative was that the room was rather cold as only one of the two radiators was working. I would definitely go back again, mainly because of the good location.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Apart from the location and cleanliness being a definite plus factor, the staff working at the hostel are all incredibly friendly and helpful. We had a problem with our room and the receptionist changed it for us immediately. Their friendliness is definitely the main reason why I would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I just stayed with my boyfriend at the Pfefferbett Hostel and it was awesome! I`ve been to a lot of hostels around the world and this is definitely one of my favourite. It`s modern, comfortable, fun and the staff is friendly and helpful.
The location is perfect, you can go anywhere in the city either by walking or by subway or you have a look around Prenzlauer Berg, a charming area with nice little bars, funky clubs and trendy shops.
We stayed at
a double room with en-suite shower and WC. The room looked brand new, was really
spacious and spotless! Downstairs at the lobby there`s a cozy lounge area with a fire place, a pool table, computer terminals and a great 24-h bar. Sadly it was winter when I stayed there, because they have a backyard with a terrace and it must be cool to chill out there during the summer months. During the mornings they have a big breakfast buffet for a reasonable price of 4 euros. There were only two things which weren`t perfect: the internet was down for 2 hours and the weather was awful...
All in all, we had a pleasant stay at Pfefferbett and I thoroughly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
greece
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Me and my friends spent there 5 days and I have only good thing to say about this hostel! We stayed at a double room with en suite bathroom, it was specious and very clean! The people of the hostel where helpful and kind.
The fireplace was a bonus especially in the extremely cold days that we stayed.
The thing that bothered me was that there was no wifi internet in the rooms..

Apart from that it an exceleny hostel, at an ideal location with the station just across the street!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I would definitely stay here again! The room was spacious and clean, the bed was comfortable, there were en suite separate shower and toilet rooms. The hostel itself was well-finished and stylish, and the staff were very friendly. Breakfast was ok, a good selection for the price paid. I was in a room with five other beds, and considering that, it was only on the first of three nights that I was kept awake with people arriving late. In the neighbourhood, there is a good selection of places to eat, and there are good transport links to the city centre. It is within walking distance though - I walked from the hostel to the Brandenburg Tor and back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The location was amazing - a few steps from the subway and right in the middle of Prenzlauer Berg - surrounded by awesome restaurants and bars! The room was spacious, the locker was big enough to fit my backpack, the beds were comfortable and modern, and each bed had its own reading light, which isnt that common in other hostels.

It was relatively clean. My only issue was that the ensuite washroom smelled strongly of urine and they only seemed to come and clean the rooms every other day. However, it was still amongst the cleanest hostels I have ever stayed in. The staff were allright and the bar in the lobby was always bustling with activity. Its a great place for meeting people, checking email and getting a cheap beer.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hostel!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple