“If you do only one thing in Berlin - this is it!!!”
Review of City Segway Tours

and up
Berlin Segway Tour
Ranked #6 of 388 Tours in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun, informative & safe Segway Tours of Berlin. THE highlight of your stay! We start conveniently from the TV Tower in Alexaderplatz. While we have a large fleet of Segways, we always have small groups to ensure you get the attention and quality you deserve.
Reviewed August 22, 2014

This was the most fantastic of tours. Great fun - learning how to use, and then engaging the Segway - it's quite a machine! Getting on and off about the most challenging aspect - the rest falls into place quite quickly. The 4 hour trip is good value at around EUR 70 - compared to other hop-on hop-off tours in a dull bus. Route taken covered the most amazing spots of Berlin's rich history. Funny kind of feeling superior to cyclists prevails! This review would not be complete without mentioning our guide, an American girl from Seattle - won't name her for the fear of embarrassing her - but she was such a fabulous guide and a pleasure to spend 4 hours with. Knew her stuff, had a real passion for Berlin and its pre and post war history. Carefully expressed opinions without crossing the line on important topics, and great fun. This was a tour I would recommend to everyone is thinking of making a visit to Berlin. Awesome.

1  Thank Stephen T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,890)

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Great fun! Initially I was quite nervous about operating the Segway (I've managed to overturn a snow mobile) but Craig took his time in explaining how it all worked and gave us loads of time to practice and feel comfortable before we headed out. The confidence soon grew and we were all whizzing about very happily. Craig was a super tour leader - he made sure we all kept together and was very informative about the history of the sights and monuments we visited. It was a great insight into the city and would thoroughly recommend this to anyone looking for a different kind of way to seeing the city.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

I thought 4 hours on a Segway would drag for two reasons; first, it's four hours; second, listening to a tour guide I've never met for 4 hours could be painful.

Neither came to fruition. Our guide (Walid) made the day. He was knowledgable, engaging, perceptive and witty. He gave us a huge amount of information while ,asking us laugh at some times and then at others.

My mother-in-law had difficulties with the Segway so he had to pull her along throughout the tour. This made her day as she was very wary about the whole enterprise.

For all of the reasons above and more I heartily recommend this tour...

1  Thank bocklam
Reviewed August 20, 2014

A great way to see the city. May look pricey but worth every penny and the 4 hours fly by. The segways are great fun and easy to use after a quick induction by the guide. The tour is very informative with lots of current and historical information on Berlin. Best city tour I've ever had. There's enough info to satisfy the history/culture geeks such as myself but not too much info to bore people who want a quick overview. What did make the tour was Walid the guide, Berlin's favourite adopted British son!! I don't know what they pay him but it can't be enough. He should be on stage. He was hilarious, adding humour to the tour at every opportunity. Please make sure you have Walid as your guide, he's worth the wait!! Worth every penny.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

If you are thinking that 4 hours of standing on a Segway could be a bit much - DON'T. This tour is great, and you get enough stops, including a chance or two to sit down that you don't get leg cramp or anything.
I did this tour yesterday at 3pm, and had an awesome tour. Our guide Wallid was excellent - and had a sense of humour to go with it and will be able to tell you some things that the guide books won't. I had done a bus tour the day before and did not find things repeated. There was time for photo stops and questions, and laughter.

Thanks again Wallid, I'm off back to my truck now!