“Easily the best thing we did”

Brewer's Berlin Tours
Book In Advance
$42.42*
Berlin Small-Group Craft Beer And Brewery Tour
$17.92*
and up
Berlin Small-Group Tour: Sights, History And Stories of Berlin's Past And...
$14.34*
Escapes and Spies during Cold War Walking Tour in Berlin
Ranked #2 of 43 Food & Drink in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: We pride ourselves on leading Berlin's most in-depth walking tour. We are local experts, free from scripts and pre-determined routes, so every Brewer's tour is a unique experience. Our guides are passionate about their home, its complex history and showing you why Berlin is one of the most exciting cities in the world. We offer a variety of tours, from the city's most comprehensive Best of Berlin tour to a variety of specialized topics, such as our Spies & Escapes, Rebel Berlin, and Craft Beer & Breweries tours.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Easily the best thing we did”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was recommended to this tour from a friend and it did not disappoint. Not only will it serve as a fantastic pit stop tour of the main sites (so you can use the rest of your trip to work out what you want to see more of) but it gave us a huge amount of context that otherwise would have been overlooked had we simply walked the area alone. Theo our guide was a fantastic story teller that mesmerised us from the outset.

We took the free version of the tour (starting at 1pm) and covered both the key sites and stories from both Nazi Germany and during the cold war. Theo was incredibly well versed, but what I liked the most was how he drew you in to each vista, painting the picture of the stories that surrounded it and brought it all to life. So much of what I saw I could have easily walked past without thought had I not been informed of its significance in history.

It was not only a fantastic day out, but it influenced so much of the experience and discussion that was had for the rest of our trip in Berlin. Theo's account was both passionate and well-balanced, bringing a real humanistic element to what was in many ways a difficult point in Germany's history.

Cannot recommend this tour enough, would happily look at doing one of the longer tours - although some comfy shoes are a must, my feet were slightly battered!

1 Thank Hannah K

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic walking tour - Brewer's Berlin”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I originally contacted Brewer's to book an all day walking tour, after discussing what I wanted to see I also booked a private tour for the following day. The group met at 10.30 and walked till nearly 7.00 in the evening, stopping for coffee and lunch, our guide Preston was quite wonderful,, a walking encyclopaedia - there was nothing he didn't know about Berlin and its history. There were around 12 people in the group all different ages and all English speaking and what I couldn't quite believe was the price €15 per head, amazing value. When booking the tour, I said I was having difficulty getting tickets for one of the Art galleries on line and they organised this for me. I cannot rate them highly enough and would recommend them to anyone visiting Berlin.

2 Thank Michele H
London, United Kingdom
“1st visit to Berlin”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We spent over 7 hours wandering slowly through the streets of Berlin with Lee guiding, stopping sometimes at obscure and what seemed random places all of which had a fascinating and sometimes sad story to tell. Apart from coffee, lunch and a final beer stop we were on the move all day and I was sorry it had to end. there cannot be a better way to get some feel and understanding of this incredible city and it's people, than by joining an all day Brewer Berlin Tour

1 Thank Nilrep
Jaguariúna, São Paulo, Brazil
“Wonderful tour”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We took the Best of Berlin tour with Caroline and it was very nice indeed.

We spent over 7 hours walking through the most interesting spots in Berlin and learned a lot from all the information passed on by Caroline who, by the way, is very friendly e passionate about the city.

It was definitely worth the money!

2 Thank Gustavo M
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome free tour - unmissable!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We joined the free walking tour at 1pm after having only a few hours sleep. Despite being knackered, we really enjoyed the tour. Theo was great - he went through basic history of East and West Germany and kept the tour really interesting. Really glad we did it and would highly recommend.

1 Thank LomoLaura