“See you soon...”

smartloft
Ranked #36 of 349 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
“See you soon...”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed in Smartloft Apartments twice during our trip and this was one of the smartest decisions we've made. Its location is excellent: in the immediate area there are cafes, restaurants and boutique shops, within walking distance there are U-Bahn station, and if you want most of the major sights are within walking distance.
Our apartment was quiet, well-designed, comfortable, clean and equipped. And the staff was kind and professional.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife, artist son (28) and musician daughter (19) stayed four nights at Smartloft. What a fabulous surprise it was!!! The apartment is HUGE, trendy, clean, with spacious rooms, groovy kitchen and cool artwork on every wall (much to my son's delight!). Located in Mitte, the apartment is handy to the metro, deli, pub and restaurants. Onsite service was fantastic (the lass on site even did a load of washing for us!). I can highly recommend this accommodation and will certainly stay again if we return to Berlin.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis Minnesota
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just spent six nights with my son in one of the XLarge 2 bedroom apartments. Loved it! Apartment was huge, with very high ceilings, intriguing art everywhere, minimal but comfortable and stylish contemporary furniture - which just adds to the aesthetic. Bare wooden floors and white-washed walls all provide a relaxing, spacious atmosphere. Big bathtub plus a separate shower that has a rainfall shower head. Even loved the round light wells in the ceiling - you have to see them. Everything is art at smartloft! Fun. Very well-stocked kitchen. Comfortable beds. Great lounger in the back room. They hand you the keys and then you're on your own, if you like being independent. We do! And we had no problems we had to ask about.

Loved the neighborhood too, markets nearby, great cafes and shops. We stayed in July, and it was a bit of a heat wave, so yes, it got warm, but you have to expect that. They did provide a fan. This X-Large apt was at the front corner of the building for good light and views, but with windows open there will be street noise at night. It's the city!

I will recommend smartloft to anyone going to Berlin who wants a reasonably priced, very cool apartment. It's the kind of place that when you go home, it makes you want to throw out half your stuff and put more real art on the walls. This is the way to live.

Room Tip: Our XLarge apt was in the front corner of building one floor above the street, which makes for good...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at Smartloft, just a little over a year a part. This time I chose a compact flat since it was only for me and it was the perfect size. Smartloft is clean and kept well and the art exhibits are great. I also like that you have your own kitchen with all the amenities to make your own meals. The only slight complaint is that the WiFi is very poor and since it's free, I guess you really can't complain. However, I thought I would make mention of it in case someone is staying here on business travel.

Room Tip: A compact room would be good for one person and I would go for a larger room for two people.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The year 2012 was in Smartloft with my family in the large department, came back again this year alone and spend 12 days in samrtloft in a small apartment.
I feel like in my own home. Close to all, very functional, a warm atmosphere,quiet clean, and department facilities are perfect!
I hope to return again next year to Berlín an at Samartloft!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Uberlingen, Germany
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed in one of the compact apartments as an adult couple - very functional, good bed, friendly service when needed, interesting art objects, connected to the world, in the quarter of the city we like best - no wishes left open! The place seems well used, but clean and well-kept, not in any way sterile or cold, but with a warm atmosphere. We were visiting family members close by and also had some business in town, so we did not even use most of the features offered, but would come back for a longer stay to see more of Berlin when we have time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed in smartloft of December 27, 2012 until January 1, 2013 (when we were cowardly assaulted) ... on Dec. 31 go out to celebrate the New Year and when we turn around 1 AM, I realized that my suitcase and my husband was not broken padlock and had taken all our money, our credit cards and debit and my ipad. at the same time I learned that another apartment had also been stolen, we called the police who attended the other day in the morning and called also for Thomas (responsible for the smartloft) who made ​​light of the situation, saying he could not do much ... Or be careful when staying at smartloft you may be having robbed all their belongings stolen and your trip can turn into a nightmare!!
Do not recommend to anyone the Smartloft!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank patricia c
smartloft, Inhaber at smartloft, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We are really sorry the apartment was apparently broken into. Since we have smartloft open there was never an incident like this. Perhaps occurrences like this are due to the redevelopment of Berlin toward a dense Metropolis with all the positive and negative side effects.
Of course we did not make light out of the unfortunate events. I travelled in the New Years Night at 4:00 o´clock in the morning 350 km to Berlin to help with the situation. But there was not much we could do, the crime squad took over the investigation. Till today nobody knows what exactly happened on the night of the 31. December, how this burglary could have happened.
Nevertheless we raised our security standard to prevent any further incidents.
Again we are sorry.