“Expensive experience”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Was here on business June 26, '13.

Despite booking a table for 9.30pm had to wait until 10pm for a table! Food was then 45 mins to cook. We ate at 11pm.

Huge steaks are presented on mini platforms ... A gimmick really ..... It's full of the Berlin bourgeoise or wannabes. Our bill totalled €100 each.

Ok for a one off experience in my view, take plenty of cash and dress to impress!

1  Thank BarnseyLancashire
Write a ReviewReviews (1,288)

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great location but snobby service. We booked weeks in advance from London and got the table next to the WC. No intention to move us anywhere else. Food was good but expensive. Restaurant is definitely to sexy for its own good.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Tonight spent a couple of hours enjoying great beef at "the top restaurant in Berlin". The ambience was comfortable and the service was very attentive if not perfectly timed. The artichoke appetizer my wife had was enormous and delicious, salmon tartar was also very good. We both had roast beef and while prepared the European way(grilled) it was tender and tasty. We shared the strawberries and ice cream, which was a great way to end the meal. While the restaurant was expensive by Berlin standards, we found the dinner for 2 at under 200 Euros correctly priced.

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

The T-bone steaks at the Grill Royal are second only to those of wolfgang in New York and Beverley Hills.
Gooood meat and steaks.
The Bisk soup was really amazing.
Not cheap....

1  Thank Ymym65
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect given the mixed reviews but I booked this as my daughter had arrived from SE Asia and I thought she would like a good steak for dinner. We weren't disappointed. Aside from having to wait 25 minutes for our 9PM booked table we were taken to a wellpositioned table, found the service attentive, the eye fillets ( Argentinian for me and Bavarian for my daughter) and my husbands smoked barbequed ribs, delicious, with passable crisp French fries, green beans and a butter lettuce salad. If I want to be really picky the salad was over dressed and my daughters steak was a bit overcooked. We had fresh strawberries and cream for dessert. The strawberries were not as flavoursome as I'm used to but given the weather in Germany has been unseasonably cold and wet perhaps this may be the reason. We enjoyed a good German Pinot Noir with the meal. I think this is a good place to eat but is fairly expensive. We are used to the prices given we live in Australia. Would I go back there? Yes it was a good dinner and pleasant atmosphere.