“Great stay!”

Ranked #155 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Newcastle, Australia
“Great stay!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is lovely! So clean and such spacious rooms. Great value for money. Very friendly and helpful staff. Close to the underground which made it very easy to travel to and from the railway and the city. Quiet rooms! Comfortable bed.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank JJWalkley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Reviewed June 16, 2013

OK, I admit, I tested the cs of this hotel to the extreme. We found a different place we preferred and were looking for an out from our week reservation - the issues I had were legit, but the staff overcame my objections quite well. Because we were in a Best Western, I didn't think to check on room conditions, sorry, I had forgotten that in Europe the rooms are tiny, with no room for even one large suitcase, let alone three (or even turn around). The first instant in the room, I didn't even hesitate, I called down to ask for a new room; the bathroom had a stand up shower only, and being handicapped, it looked quite dangerous and unfriendly to me. They were nice enough to move me to a handicapped room, with special accommodations and shower. After the first day, we just couldn't deal with it, the smoking room smelled like an ashtray and the two twin beds stuck together put a cramp in our cuddling time. We told the staff and the more than helpful frontdesk staff went out of their way to move us to another room, maybe even by European standards a suite, because we had a real double bed and room for two chairs and a real bathtub. Without having read the other reviews, like the one about the nonsmiling staff, my first day in the hotel when I went to use the internet in the very nice breakfast room, I smiled at the staff and received a warm smile back. They even let me have a coffee even though I wasn't really registered yet. As for why they lost a star, well, here are the things that should be improved upon: Poor TV channel selection in different languages. Berlin is an international city, you should not just have 1 English channel and 1 Spanish channel. Coffee in the lobby had to be paid for. Figure out a way to offer one or two free coffees to the guests. Coffee makers are near standard in hotels now. Ten years ago it would have been just a neat extra, but now without having coffee for quiet wakeup with news and shower, it is annoying to go down to the front desk and pay 2 euros in my bath towel and freeze my wet head because the lobby door is wide open in subzero temperatures.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't forget to ask for Queen bed if you are a traveling couple.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Spent 4 nights and 3 full days in Berlin. Hotel really good and only a couple of minutes walk from Spittlemarkt underground ( U-Bahn ) station. Booked room only which was modern, comfortable, clean and very quiet. Breakfast was available but at €9 each we decided to try the local bakeries/cafe's . 2 within 100 metres of the hotel were excellent and we paid between €9 and €12 for the two of us each day. Bought 3 day Berlin Passes for €70 each and saved over €100 in total with all the tours, attractions and Museums we had chance to visit. Recommend the Boat tour and the Fat Tire cycle tours - 5 hours easy cycling around very flat Berlin. Neil our guide was excellent.
Also recommend visiting the Reichstag Dome which is free but very popular- we went to the booking office which opens at 8 a.m and were second in the queue and were able to visit the same day. Restaurants were mostly good value and we paid no more than €35 for the two of us drinks included. Lots of building work taking place which spoils the atmosphere a little but also adds to the fascination of seeing old Berlin rise from the ruins of WWII and years of communist neglect. Felt very safe throughout our stay even at night on underground ( unlike Paris a few years back ).
People very friendly. We plan to visit again in a few years time when they have re-built the Palace in 2019.

Room Tip: Our room 323 was very quiet but the hotel seemed generally quiet even though there were lots of gues...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Modern, clean and really comfortable hotel with rich breakfast buffet. I was surprised by the appearance of dining rooms: each of them differently furnished maintaining a modern look. Guest holding a "Best Western Rewards" card receives a gift of a bottle of mineral water of the choice: still or sparkling.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Heidelberg, Australia
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three night, great hotel.
Comfy beds, great breakfast, very helpful and nice staff members.
About two minuets from spittlemark station with trains going to the central of Berlin every 5 minuets.
Would stay again

• Stayed June 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I think I made two schoolgirl errors here. Firstly, not putting the "do not disturb" sign on the door which of course meant that the officious housekeeping staff banged on the door at 9am. Why are they allowed do they do that? They know which rooms are available for them to clean. I got in at 4.30am and wanted to sleep as late as possible before checkout. Which brings me to the next point: the massive building site next door. I had foolishly failed to register this the night before and had left the window open. So once the housekeeping staff had woken me up, it was like all the builders in Berlin were drilling and hammering on the pillow next to me.

The room, bathroom and wifi were all ok. The buffet breakfast was average. You have to ask for the toaster, it's been removed for health and safety reasons (what???)

The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. That's about the only positive comment I can make about my stay. There are many hotels in Berlin and I have stayed in two much better ones. I guess you get what you pay for but for €94 I had expected better. I won't be returning to this Best Western.

Room Tip: I had 112, on the first floor, next to the building site. Avoid!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Weary235
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is a few minutes walk from Spittelmarkt u-bahn station which is 10 minutes from Alexanderplatz. A fairly new hotel, spotlessly clean, quiet, with helpful staff. The room was a bit warm as the air-con was not very efficient, but it was not a problem as the windows opened!
There was a welcome fresh fruit platter and bottle of fizzy water in the room, and an invitation to a welcome drink at the bar. (not sure if that was because we are Best Western club members). Spacious lockers for storage of luggage before the room was ready, and after we had checked out. Hot and cold buffet breakfast could not be faulted. It is a long time since I have been so happy with a Best western hotel, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple