TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Schoene Heimat - a Culinary Exploration of Berlin & Beyond

Recommended experiences in and around Berlin
from $181.90
from $15.92
from $47.75
from $29.56
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 7, 2018 via mobile

If you care at all about good food and really good local food, this is the tour for you. I feel so lucky to have found this class. Kit is gracious, welcoming, and a really good chef. You start with a tour of the farm market, then a chocolate store and a wine store before heading to Kit’s home and putting on your apron for the day. We prepared a delicious three course meal with wonderful instruction and conversation. Thank you Kit for an unforgettable experience. Hope to return someday. Linda

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed October 20, 2018

This was one of our favorite activities in Europe! We loved the market tour and picking our fresh meats, fruits and herbs. Kit was happy to accommodate dietary restrictions. She is such a warm, inviting host. We loved cooking with her in her home. It was fantastic.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I wanted to do a cooking class while visiting Berlin. We started the morning by meeting Kit at a Berlin farmer’s market. The market was so cute and had so many beautiful, different kinds of fruit, vegetables, meats and cheese. We had a great time just looking through the different stalls and tasting different foods. After we bought everything we needed we went back to Kit’s apartment. We took the long way to walk back so she could show us the neighborhood and we stopped by a wine store and chocolate shop.

Then we started cooking. We made a roast chicken with vegetables, Soup, Plum cake that you see all over Germany, and a lovely salad with edible flowers. My favorite final item was a chocolate torte that my grand mother used to make. Lots of delicious food!

This was such a fun experience. Kit is really lovely! I felt like we made a new friend in Berlin and we hope to come back to do a cooking class with our kids. This is definitely worth spending a day doing. You get a personal view of food shopping and cooking a traditional German meal.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed October 1, 2018

My husband and I joined another two travelers for a fun, informative and delicious day with Kit. Starting in her local market, we chose all of the fresh ingredients for our meal while learning about the neighborhood and the local produce. We also visited a local wine shop and made our selections before taking a short walk to her lovely apartment where we shared the responsibility for preparing a delicious and authentic German meal. We loved experiencing Berlin this way!

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018

First off Kit was an amazing host and incredibly easy to get along with. The tour of the market was great and at a great pace. We had a chance to stop by stalls we found interesting while also working with some of her preferred vendors.

On the walk home, we learned a bit about the area and even a little taste of urban foraging.

Kit's kitchen is great and feels like you are cooking at home. My wife and I enjoyed this class and I have already recommended this to multiple people visiting Berlin in months to come.

Date of experience: June 2018