“In a city of pork...”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Description: Following the tradition of the old American steakhouses, at Midtown Grill you will find the best steaks in town. Start your evening with one of our legendary Martini Cocktails or the “Potsdamer Bloody Mary”, while the flavor of grilled meet and homemade bread sends your senses on a culinary journey. While enjoying your meal, watch the brisk activities in our open show kitchen and get enchanted by our hearty service.
London, United Kingdom
“In a city of pork...”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

...go get some beef! yes it's an american style restaurant in Berlin, but after three nights of schnitzel and currywurst, I was keen for a good cocktail and a plate of blue steak! I wasn't disappointed: located conveniently in Potsdamer platz, the heart of post-war, Allied controlled Berlin. Midtown Grill is a superb brasserie that specialises in bovine cuts, with a menu in both English and German and charming staff. The cocktails are mixed perfectly, they have a great European wine list and desserts are to die for - they even bring the bill with a flame and some marshmallows to polish off your evening! Sounds odd, but a lovely touch. There's a relaxed atmosphere and our three hours flew by, just don't expect to see many Germans eating here - this is definitely for the tourist or the international business meeting, but the food is excellent, though not the cheapest.

Our meal for 2 was €130, 3 courses, wine and cocktails.

• Visited June 2012

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“A big dissapointement”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

While staying in Berlin for bussines, I visited this restaurant with bussines partners four times before and every time was o.k. and steaks were realy the best.
So this time I stayed in Berlin privatly and wanted to surprise my husband with the best steak ever. We ordered well done for him and he received a steak with blood almost pouring out of it. As this was definitely not well done and he refused to eat it, we asked the waitress to replace it. She took this steak away and brought the same one back. It took too much time and she brought it back almost burneed from outside, but inside still far from well done. Also the meat itself was full of fat and realy of poor quality.
My dish and side dishes went cold in all this time of making experiments with the steak.
We were quite hungry and with all side dished and wine on the table we decided to try to go through this dinner and not just to walk out. Seing no result in burned steak and also not any interest from waitress to deal with it for another time, my husband forced himself to eat what was meat and not with too much blood. When asking for the bill, they automaticaly deducted 10% from the bill for inconveniences. We explained that we do not need this 10%, but they have to understand this was an important evening for us and they actualy managed to ruin the dinner we planned. Then waitress called the head waitress and we explained the same to her. They would offer us a desert free of charge, but we refused to have more experiments in this restaurant. So she decided to took the steak off the bill, wich was a good guesta- steak was far from what we ordered, so we accepted this offer.
But our evening was still ruined, we did not come there to have something for free, we wanted to have a prefect dinner. I promised my husband a nice surprice in this restaurant. Well, he got a surprise, but not the one I was hoping for.
I believe this was more an exception as every other time the food was o.k., but it would be better to watch out for the service of this restaurant. Maybe their trend is going down.

• Visited October 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Big in beef”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have visited this restaurant four times, last in April 2012. The first three experiences were the best, very good beef and big location, though still kind of intime. On my latest visit the food was less interesting, the beef was not as tasty as usual. Still, you can select for yourself, the table suggests many different kinds of steaks, some are quite expensive. You wil choose from different side-orders and you can mingle as you please. Vegetables are fresh and good.

• Visited April 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Convenient and surprisingly good”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We were tired and almost chose room service but took seats at the bar overlooking the chefs' kitchen. It was a lucky break! The chefs provided great entertainment and the meal was more than acceptable. A mix-up with my order was quickly rectified and we were pleasantly surprised by a modest reduction in the bill to compensate.

• Visited November 2012
Winnipeg
“Best steak in Berlin!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My friend lives in Munich, (she's a Canadian there for work), and had been dying for a great steak. I went to visit her and we met in Berlin where she was for a conference. This restaurant came highly recommended to her for it's great steak. Well, let me tell you it did not disappoint!

- great service
- good wine
- fantastic steak! if you're there, get steak (but ALL the food was very good)
- tables are spaced far enough apart that you don't feel like you're on top of anyone
- they bring marshmallows to toast right AT the table = a fun little extra they include
- I also loved the free little post-card they provide, and MAIL for you :) - I was sure to fill one out and send it home :)

there is also a fantastic cigar room with some GREAT cigars reasonably priced right behind the restaurant - stumbled upon it when I left the restaurant to use the restrooms.

We loved it so much that my girlfriend is back in Berlin this weekend with her family, and they made a special trip back to Midtown Grill.

• Visited September 2012