Wombat's Berlin
$309
$285
Orbitz.com
1,186 results
All reviewsrooftop bartop floorwombats hostelcheap drinksfree drink voucherrosa luxemburg platzbed female dormensuite bathroomlaundry roomyoung travellersfantastic hostelmetro stopbed linencleaned dailyrooms are cleanfree wifiroom key
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Before my trip to Berlin, I'd stayed in a hostel before. Loads of horror stories and friends' accounts of vacations gone wrong led me to fear hostels...I assumed they were all loud, dirty, unhelpful and beyond basic.

I suppose that's true for some places, but certainly not Wombat's! What a great stay and amazing value! Plus, they really cater to students and are, on the whole, genuinely commited to bringing students together and making the best out of their trip. They even have a bar on the top floor (and give you a voucher for a free drink, encouraging you to meet and interact with new people).

My only reservation is the food at the restaurnt. By all means, reap the benefits of their cheap (but good) continental breakfast, but avoid lunch or dinner at all costs. Gross!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Travelled here in April 2013, we arrived on a very rainy friday night just before midnight & were greeted by some very friendly staff. Once all checked in we were given free beer tokens to use during happy happy hour!
Our room consisted of 2 bunk beds & was in very good condition. The hostel itself was very well maintained & the top floor bar was a very nice place to go & chill out.
Very happy with our stay & would recommend to anybody looking for a cheap but still usable place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Helpful staff, clean rooms, reliable wifi... but I recommend avoiding the food, including the breakfast the hostel offers, in the attached restaurant. The burger might have been the worst I've ever had. It was obviously heated up from a pack of frozen patties, not kitchen-made. Big let-down from a place that advertises itself as authentically Southern. The breakfast the hostel offers there is similarly poor. It is advertised as a great bargain for E3.80, but in actuality it doesn't amount to much more than from-concentrate juice, yogurt, and toast. Croissants and eggs cost extra. There are plenty of great cafés in the neighborhood - 50 meters away is Rosa To Go (despite the name, great seating), where I had a delicious mozzarella/tomato/rocket toasted bagel and tasty espresso machiatto for E4.70.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for three nights here at beginning of May following a great stay at The Wombat in Vienna! Very easy to get to using the S and U travel systems. Rosa-Luxembourg U stop literally around the corner. On arrival staff are very helpful. Always there for tips on what to do and places to eat! We got a private room and bathroom at very reasonable price with our own small balcony! Bedding and towels provided and all spotless. Bar on 7th floor has roof top terrace with great view and lots of drink offers! Breakfast is €3.50 and not alot on offer. I'd recommend a wander on street for coffee and Bretzel!

Overall we were extremely happy and will stay again here and can't wait to try another Wombat!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ANL84
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed at Wombats after reading other reviews on trip advisor and I was very impressed - check in was easy, staff were friendly and helpful.
Rooms were great - light, airy and very clean! Security lockers in the room were big enough to store my mini suitcase in and had loads of space to spare!
Breakfast was good also.
I would certainly recommend wombats to anyone visiting Berlin and I'd certainly stay there again! :o)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo