“AMAZING! Best night in Berlin!”
Review of Schwarzwaldstuben

Schwarzwaldstuben
Ranked #124 of 8,449 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
London, England, United Kingdom
“AMAZING! Best night in Berlin!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I were desperate for some good German food so we googled 'best schnitzel in Berlin' and this place popped up.
WOW. Great vibe! Great service! Absolutely Great food!!! If only we found this place the first night, we would have been there every night.
We sat at the bar as it was packed by the time we arrived at 9pm but we loved it. We chatted to the staff who were great and so friendly (the friendliest we had in Berlin so far….) and the food was sensational. We both ordered the Schnitzel with fried potatoes with a side of cucumber salad. It was a generous portion of food and every mouthful was just divine. We then ordered the desert – there was only one on the menu which we thought was bold and confident. It was a caramelised crepe with spicy cherry ice-cream and white chocolate sauce. Oh.my.word. This changed my life. Amazing.
I can't wait to go to Berlin again just so I can eat here!

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barbados
“Good German food”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

A friend of mine told me about this restaurant so I went with previous recommendations; The place is nice decorated with different ambiences; I went to have lunch and it was particularly quiet, the waitress spoke perfect english and they also had a menu in English *** super good! that doesn't happen everywhere and if you pretend to have tourist you have to be prepared!.

I ordered - Geschmelzte Maultaschen mit Kartoffelsalat- fried stuffed pasta that comes with some onions on the top and on the side a potato salad; it was very good. Had an apple juice with my food and I payed e12.50 I think it's very good price as we are in a restaurant, not a cafe.

Woking, England, United Kingdom
“A real gem”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

In Berlin recently for the Marathon and looking for good food, we found this gem of a bar/restaurant.
The menu is good wholesome German food, service was spot on and the place had a really friendly feel.

• Visited September 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Good Gutsy German Food”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Excellent selection of authentic German cuisine and drinks. We managed to get a table at around 7PM without a booking but the place was filled to the brim by the time we were leaving. They also have a bar where you can wait which has a great selection of Germans Beers and some surprisingly nice German wines. Our waitress spoke brilliant English which saved us from using our embarrisingly poor German!

For a starter, we went for the mixed selection. This contained a variety of cured meats, cheeses, pickles and bread. For mains, I opted for a roasted pork disk server with fried potatos and sauerkraut. My wife had the German filled pasta (I forget it's name). Both dishes were quite simple but both tasted delish and we were given generous portions!

If i'm back in Berlin I will definately be re-visiting!

New York, NY
“Traditional German in Mitte”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Walked by the restaurant twice before realizing the name of the restaurant was on the second floor. Inside, the place was filled with happy regulars, noisily eating and drinking in a relaxed atmosphere. We were shown to the bar which had a plentiful selection of beers on tap and reasonably priced wines. After just a few minutes of enjoying our libations we were asked if we minded being seated at a communal table....which was no problem at all. The food was surprisingly, happily, better than expected. The spaetzl especially delish. Try it, you'll like it.

• Visited September 2013