“great tour thanks rob!”

3-Hour Berlin Beer Tour
Ranked #1 of 615 Nightlife in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: FREE TOURS of Berlin every day in English and Spanish. Pub Crawls and tours of Sachsenhausen, Potsdam, Third Reich Berlin, Red Berlin and more.Founded in 2003 by Yale University graduate Chris Sandeman, SANDEMANs NEW Europe thrives on a simple concept: Everyone, no matter their budget, should be able to discover Europe through the eyes of an expert. Connecting great guides with smart travelers, we believe in supporting our local communities and are commited to giving a voice to self-employed guides who have chosen Berlin as their home.By ensuring that every native English or Spanish speaking guide represents our unique style of mixing history and story-telling while maintaining their own personality and flair, we've become one of the most popular tour companies in the world. Helping superb independent guides connect with thousands of travelers a day, we provide these local freelancers the possibility to inform and entertain you, and they employ us to spread the news about this great concept.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“great tour thanks rob!”
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

thanks for a great passionate tour. rob m. was great and it wouldn't have been good without a great tour.

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A must do when in Berlin!”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our tour with George - so passionate, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and personable. We had initially been reticent to spend over 2 hours on a walking tour on a hot day however our attention was captured instantly and held until the very end! The concept of providing a free tour with the only payment being an optional tip of however much you think the experience was worth is fantastic - really ensures that you get the best possible experience and a guide who is genuinely passionate about parting their wealth of knowledge with the group. Thanks to George for reigniting my interest in history!

Visited August 2014
Chula Vista, California
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Free tour is great!”
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

We did two tours with sandemans in Berlin. We did the general tour and the red berlin tour. I will start with the good and get to the very, very bad.
We did the general berlin free waking tour with Amy. You go to the main sights (brandenburg gate, reichstag, memorial to murdered Jews, Berlin Wall) Amywas an amazing, charismatic and energetic! She knew a ton about the city's interesting history , which obviously is important, but more than that she helped us with good places to eat, hang out, see, and how to get around. She told funny stories and sad histories both. We would highly suggest not just this fabulous tour but specifically the guide we had! We had such a good time on the tour, and in every city with a sandemans tour that we did something we hadn't done before.. Bought a paid tour. We bought two (you get a discount for being multiples, FYI). The girl we bought them from however was extremely rude, which is a first experience with Sandemans. We almost considered not getting them because she was being incredible difficult. Like my husband was try to find exact change and she was audibly sighing and huffing. And he asked about a third tour and she just said, "I don't know" really annoyed, and handed him the receipts for the two others. That was a bad start but we ignored it.. We were set to go on the Red Berlin tour and the Third Reich tour. We did the Red Berlin tour that same afternoon and I will tell you.. I wish I had been literally anywhere else.
I feel really bad for saying this because he was such a nice guy but this was the worst tour I have been on. At the start he told us he wanted to give us a related history before we started talking about the subject matter but that basically lasted the whole time.. We never got to the subject of Red Berlin, really. He spent about the first 45 minutes talking about how Germany became a country and about the brandenburg gate and the embassies. Which is nice but not what I am there for. I had already done other tours which covered these things and I was there because I was interested in soviet controlled east berlin. Then we went to a part of the wall and that was really interesting but he didn't tell us anything he just directs us to look through on our own. Then we climbed a tower to look over which was cool but again he told a completely unrelated history. Then we got on a team to a super cool museum about East Berliners lives and that was super interesting and a great place to go .. But AGAIN he didn't tell us anything.. The museum did. We then took a tram to "the last beautiful boulevard in Europe" which was loosely related.. Took us to the east side gallery and told us about the art.. Which is loosely related. Then we parted ways. Also, we were 1.5 hours later than scheduled at this point. Maybe other tour guides do this better or it was an off day but honestly I was fuming that I has not only paid for this tour, but had also bought a metro pass for it since that day we had planned to walk everywhere. I have to take away some stars for this experience, which is very disappointing as I have always enjoyed sandemans tours. We did not end up going on the third reich tour because I broke my arm. (I'm trying to get a refund) so we cannot comment in that. As you can see if you click on my profile I have always reviewed sandemans favorably so I was very disappointed.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Brnnfrd
DennisSNE, Guest Relations Manager at SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Berlin, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Hello Brnnfrd,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your review and positive words for Amy. We will be sure to pass this on to her. We are, however, deeply sorry for any offense that you may have felt from one of our staff members and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to address this incident. We have tried to contact you in order to speak with you further about your experience in Berlin, but unfortunately we have yet to hear a response. None of the staff members recall this particular incident, so we’d be very grateful if you were able to help by getting back in touch with us.

Best Regards,
Dennis
Guest Service Representative
London, United Kingdom
“Berlin Walking Tour”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

This was a brilliant introduction to Berlin and our guide Rob Mc was so knowledgable and enthusiastic and kept everyone involved and engaged

Visited February 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great informative relaxed tour”
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

We did our free walking tour with Sam Noble - he was brilliant had a good sense of humour and was really passionate about the city and the history which always makes you more interested!

The tour was a great way to get an understanding of how close places were in berlin and also learn the history plus he gives you extra information that isn't covered on the information boards in the area.

I would highly recommend this tour to friends, families, couples and people travelling solo.