“berlin and sachesenhausen tour”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Berlin
Berlin Pub Crawl Including VIP Club Entry
Ranked #1 of 605 Nightlife in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: FREE TOURS of Berlin every day in English and Spanish. Pub Crawls and tours of Sachsenhausen, Potsdam, Third Reich Berlin, Red Berlin and more.Founded in 2003 by Yale University graduate Chris Sandeman, SANDEMANs NEW Europe thrives on a simple concept: Everyone, no matter their budget, should be able to discover Europe through the eyes of an expert. Connecting great guides with smart travelers, we believe in supporting our local communities and are commited to giving a voice to self-employed guides who have chosen Berlin as their home.By ensuring that every native English or Spanish speaking guide represents our unique style of mixing history and story-telling while maintaining their own personality and flair, we've become one of the most popular tour companies in the world. Helping superb independent guides connect with thousands of travelers a day, we provide these local freelancers the possibility to inform and entertain you, and they employ us to spread the news about this great concept.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“berlin and sachesenhausen tour”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Rob's knowledge of the city and its history made the visit extremely interesting and leaves you with a thirst for more,highly recommended.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had the pleasure of getting Rob Shaw as my tour guide this past weekend for the Sachsenhausen concentration camp excursion. He was informative, knowledgable and extremely helpful. He even emailed us a reading list of books mentioned during the tour! He is clearly passionate about the tour and it shows, making it an unforgettable and life changing experience. Highly recommended!

1 Thank Lauren K C
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wonderful walking tour with Rob!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I went to Berlin for our honeymoon, and having been to Berlin and taken this tour before, I insisted we take New Europe's free walking tour again. (My husband usually hates guided tours...) Having really enjoyed myself on the tour I took in 2010, I had high expectations, and Rob S. surpassed these expectations and thoroughly impressed my stubborn husband. He was witty, personable, and extremely knowledgeable. He was extremely enthusiastic about Berlin's history and the city itself, and I couldn't agree more. The tour itself covers so many phenomenal parts of Berlin and is very well organized. I would recommend it to anyone in Berlin, especially if you're only there for a short period of time because there is so much information and so many beautiful and historical sites in a mere four hours.

Visited February 2014
Belgrade, Serbia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Something un unexpectedly..”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

First of all... Guide is Rob McCracken, tour was 9th march 2014 at 2pm . This tour is something incredible. I am in tourism and sometimes I guide tour for tourist, but this what i saw and hear is funtastic. Rob is englishman with perfect English, loud and clear that all nations can understand him. His story is breathtaking, and while he was talking it is that like you are in the midle of that time about what he talking. I was in berlin few years ago and my friends who live i Berlin show me something, but this is something else. Every of his story has a point and you need a few minutes to think about that while you walking to the anoder stop in this tour. His tour is interactiv and you feel that he wont to hir your opinion about events and make you thinking about stories days and days after tour.
i dont know what more to tell about that, only that 3 days after this tour I am only thinking about Berlin and events heppend in this faboluos city. Strong emotions...
From now I will always go on Sandemans tour all over the Europe, and if all like this that will be the biggest goal.

1 Thank vidibreovo
Sydney, Australia
“Sachesenhausen Concentration Camp Tour”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Our family did this tour with Rob Shaw.

Rob is an extremely effective speaker and his knowledge of the subject matter was extraordinary; you can tell he was truly passionate about what he did.

This tour (along with the free city tour which I also did with Sandeman's) was a very worthwhile experience and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who is interested in the history of Berlin.

Visited February 2014