“Something un unexpectedly..”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Berlin
Ranked #1 of 655 Nightlife in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: FREE TOURS of Berlin every day in English and Spanish. Pub Crawls and tours of Sachsenhausen, Potsdam, Third Reich Berlin, Red Berlin and more.Founded in 2003 by Yale University graduate Chris Sandeman, SANDEMANs NEW Europe thrives on a simple concept: Everyone, no matter their budget, should be able to discover Europe through the eyes of an expert. Connecting great guides with smart travelers, we believe in supporting our local communities and are commited to giving a voice to self-employed guides who have chosen Berlin as their home.By ensuring that every native English or Spanish speaking guide represents our unique style of mixing history and story-telling while maintaining their own personality and flair, we've become one of the most popular tour companies in the world. Helping superb independent guides connect with thousands of travelers a day, we provide these local freelancers the possibility to inform and entertain you, and they employ us to spread the news about this great concept.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

First of all... Guide is Rob McCracken, tour was 9th march 2014 at 2pm . This tour is something incredible. I am in tourism and sometimes I guide tour for tourist, but this what i saw and hear is funtastic. Rob is englishman with perfect English, loud and clear that all nations can understand him. His story is breathtaking, and while he was talking it is that like you are in the midle of that time about what he talking. I was in berlin few years ago and my friends who live i Berlin show me something, but this is something else. Every of his story has a point and you need a few minutes to think about that while you walking to the anoder stop in this tour. His tour is interactiv and you feel that he wont to hir your opinion about events and make you thinking about stories days and days after tour.
i dont know what more to tell about that, only that 3 days after this tour I am only thinking about Berlin and events heppend in this faboluos city. Strong emotions...
From now I will always go on Sandemans tour all over the Europe, and if all like this that will be the biggest goal.

1  Thank vidibreovo
Write a ReviewReviews (21,824)
All reviews
"knew his stuff"
in 125 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 263 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 180 reviews
"hitler's bunker"
in 132 reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 137 reviews

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Our family did this tour with Rob Shaw.

Rob is an extremely effective speaker and his knowledge of the subject matter was extraordinary; you can tell he was truly passionate about what he did.

This tour (along with the free city tour which I also did with Sandeman's) was a very worthwhile experience and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who is interested in the history of Berlin.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Went on the tour with our guide Mark. He was so interesting and made the whole experience in my opinion. Would highly recommend to anyone to take this tour. Even ask for him, hes honestly that good! Wanted to do his afternoon tour which he showcases Berlins underground scene and some of the best street art the city or in his words "the world" has to offer but we were on too tight a schedule.

The other thing is don't be the guy in group who's at the front thinks he knows it all, asking 100 questions and then tips a 20 and asks for 15 euro change.... Come on man! Mark was however a gentleman and didn't think twice about it but man..... Insulting for how good that tour was. Anyways Enjoy.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This tour exceeded our expectations. Our tour guide was Mark, he was very passionate and extremely knowledgeable, answering all questions with a well informed response. The three hour tour flew by and we would've loved it to last longer!
Highly recommend for anyone new to Berlin