“Berlin walking tour best yet!”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Berlin
3-Hour Berlin Beer Tour
Ranked #1 of 631 Nightlife in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: FREE TOURS of Berlin every day in English and Spanish. Pub Crawls and tours of Sachsenhausen, Potsdam, Third Reich Berlin, Red Berlin and more.Founded in 2003 by Yale University graduate Chris Sandeman, SANDEMANs NEW Europe thrives on a simple concept: Everyone, no matter their budget, should be able to discover Europe through the eyes of an expert. Connecting great guides with smart travelers, we believe in supporting our local communities and are commited to giving a voice to self-employed guides who have chosen Berlin as their home.By ensuring that every native English or Spanish speaking guide represents our unique style of mixing history and story-telling while maintaining their own personality and flair, we've become one of the most popular tour companies in the world. Helping superb independent guides connect with thousands of travelers a day, we provide these local freelancers the possibility to inform and entertain you, and they employ us to spread the news about this great concept.
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Lindsey Anderson was the best guide, extremely knowledgeable and presented all info in a v interesting manner! Highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We have done Sandemans Tours in 3 different cities now and all have been good value. We did 2 of Sandemans Berlin walking tours in the same day (our 1st day in Berlin) and it was a great way to get our bearings, see the city and get a good brief history of various places. Our tour guide was Rob...he was informative, funny and easy to talk to. Being about 6ft 6 it was easy to see him above the umbrellas and other tour leaders as well! Our group was about 30 odd people and he managed it well, making sure he stopped in places out of the rain and where everyone could hear what he was saying. He showed us a number of different sights and attractions and we felt this was a great little tour. At the end of the tour he was also happy to give you advice on attractions and things to do and would mark them on the map for us as well. Being a 'free' tour the payment was by tipping, so we gave him 10 euro each, which we felt was a fair price.

After this we did the 'Red Berlin' tour with guide Taylor - this tour was pre-paid 11 euro and ended up being GREAT value. The tour lasted over 4 hours and there was only about 15 people in the group! This was a history tour of Berlin, so was full of information and historical stops. Taylor was a great guide and again, easy to talk to and ask questions. Probably a little less 'funny' than Rob as a guide, but you could tell he was passionate and we were never at any point bored on the tour. Taylor even showed us to the East Side Gallery (Longest remaining part of the Berlin Wall) which was not in his tour agenda. Overall both these walking tours were excellent value and we would highly recommend them to anyone coming to Berlin.

1  Thank Rory S
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Our tour guide, Lewis from the Netherlands was extremely knowledgeable and provided an informative tour for our free tour where I didn't get enough of it that I joined his second tour the third Reich tour in the afternoon. The tours give you an intro to Berlin and the history. I definitely want to learn more about it and will come back again.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I would highly recommend these tours. Today I went for two tours - the free tour around Berlin and also the Third Reich Tour. Both were very engaging as the tour guides were very passionate about the city and history of Berlin. I particularly liked the Third Reich Tour. Our tour guide Louis was extremely informative and i had a great time!

1  Thank Ali C
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Hello! I was supposed to go around with a friend, but when she got called into work, I found New Berlin Tours by doing a simple Google Search. I clicked through and saw a link for the Free Tour and showed up... it was awesome! Absolutely incredible. Our tour guide, Mark, was super sociable and clear and made everyone feel really inspired and comfortable. The tour lasted for about three hours and we saw so many amazing sights. I met friends, had beers afterwards and overall had a really awesome day I'll never forget. This is perfect for solo travelers and really anyone! I definitely recommend it and will always do the Free Tours whenever they are in the city I'm in! Thanks everyone!