“The best idea to get into Berlin”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Berlin
Ranked #1 of 668 Nightlife in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: FREE TOURS of Berlin every day in English and Spanish. Pub Crawls and tours of Sachsenhausen, Potsdam, Third Reich Berlin, Red Berlin and more.Founded in 2003 by Yale University graduate Chris Sandeman, SANDEMANs NEW Europe thrives on a simple concept: Everyone, no matter their budget, should be able to discover Europe through the eyes of an expert. Connecting great guides with smart travelers, we believe in supporting our local communities and are commited to giving a voice to self-employed guides who have chosen Berlin as their home.By ensuring that every native English or Spanish speaking guide represents our unique style of mixing history and story-telling while maintaining their own personality and flair, we've become one of the most popular tour companies in the world. Helping superb independent guides connect with thousands of travelers a day, we provide these local freelancers the possibility to inform and entertain you, and they employ us to spread the news about this great concept.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Almost 4 hours of walking throught Berlin. Tons of stories about the city. You don't have time to get tired or bored. Our guide was Stephen, a guy that has an amazing knowledge of German history. He has the ability of recreate in our minds all those events each time we reach a new building or interesting place.

If you had never been before in Berlin, this is better than getting inside a museum, because in this way you get the whole panoramic about Germany, and in particular, Berlin's past

Write a ReviewReviews (24,696)
All reviews
"brandenburg gate"
in 538 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 258 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 176 reviews
"hitler's bunker"
in 128 reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 134 reviews
"german history"
in 289 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I did the free tour in Dec/2011 when I visted Berlin for the first time and I liked it very much. Our guide was Kim and she was very nice - gave us all the info about the history/sites.. but in an entertaining way and we enjoyed.
On this tour you get to see all the mainstream touristy sites and to know all the basic tourist info which is great for the first day in Berlin. Personally, I prefer the "alternative" side of Berlin :) so we, also went for their alternative tour. Our guide was Amy and she was great. We had a great time with her, she was friendy and full of fun and intersting info about street art, nightlife...
This year in June I went with my friend who haven't been to Berlin before and on our first day I made him go :) on a free tour to see the tourist Berlin. That day The Brandenburg gate and some other nearby sites were closed due to Mr Obama visit. Our guide was Sebastian and he did his best to make the tour interesting enough regardless of not seeing "the major sites" and he managed it quite well.
I'd recommend this tour for everyone going to Berlin for the first time and/or people who came to alternative Berlin visit - this is the best way to see mainstream Berlin tourisyt sites - everyone can spare 3,5 hours for that :)
Wear some comfortable shoes!

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I really loved doing this tour. You see the most interesting places of Berlin in about 3,5 hours. Our tour gide, Franziska, told all information so enthousiastic and told many fun facts. With this tour, I haven't only seen much of Berlin but besides it. was the most interesting and coolest history class!

1  Thank Nikki G
Reviewed July 22, 2013

One of the best Free Walking tours that I ever have! Dynamic, interesting and surprising! You wont even note the long walking through the city! Thanks Sadie, you are a great guide! Keep that way and luck with your life! =]