“Pub Crawl”

3-Hour Berlin Beer Tour
Ranked #1 of 624 Nightlife in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: FREE TOURS of Berlin every day in English and Spanish. Pub Crawls and tours of Sachsenhausen, Potsdam, Third Reich Berlin, Red Berlin and more.Founded in 2003 by Yale University graduate Chris Sandeman, SANDEMANs NEW Europe thrives on a simple concept: Everyone, no matter their budget, should be able to discover Europe through the eyes of an expert. Connecting great guides with smart travelers, we believe in supporting our local communities and are commited to giving a voice to self-employed guides who have chosen Berlin as their home.By ensuring that every native English or Spanish speaking guide represents our unique style of mixing history and story-telling while maintaining their own personality and flair, we've become one of the most popular tour companies in the world. Helping superb independent guides connect with thousands of travelers a day, we provide these local freelancers the possibility to inform and entertain you, and they employ us to spread the news about this great concept.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've just done the pub crawl with the Sandemans and the experience was terrible.
We met at 8 o'clock and we were send on a obscure with a voucher for a shot! They only came at 9 pm as in the meanwhile they were gathering more tourists from the streets to join. I think in the end we were around 60 people and this was all right. But then again we went at 9 to a sort of a disco (really shabby) and then to a cocktail bar.
Afterwards the intention was to go in a club but me and my friends left the tour.
Honestly I wouldn't recommend the pub crawl to anybody, Berlin has so many wonderful bars and places to hang out!
Really not worth it.

4  Thank Vali_Zurich
Mark Q, Customer Feedback at SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Hi Vali,

Thanks for your comments, firstly. Although it's never easy to hear critical feedback, it's what we need to hear to see what could be improved. We spoke to the pub crawl guide who led the crawl , who says you were expecting more upmarket bars and whilst we like those places too, we have to make a decision about the bars and clubs we go to. We think that for us, and for the majority of others joining the crawl, that's not really what Berlin's nightlife is all about.

We offer a wide range of tours and experiences, and I hope that if you are still travelling through Europe, this won't put you off trying a different type of tour with Sandemans New Europe.

Kind Regards from the team in Berlin
Mark at Sandemans

There are newer reviews for SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Berlin

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We did the free tour and Red Berlin tour with Julio, and the Third Reich tour with Seb and all three were wonderful! There is so much history to hear, but Julio and Seb did a wonderful job making it interesting!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was very impressed with the Free tour, the amount of information given about the history of Barcelona was awesome! I think my group may have had the best tour guide , EVER! Juan Carlos was informative, knowledgable, Energetic, and most of all hilarious! After the tour I had to go to the hospital to get my side stitched up because it burst from all the laughter! Jk. Thanks Sandemans for an awesome FREE adventure!

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Great tour, Taylor really knew his stuff which was quite surprising for someone who is from the same side of the world than me (Australia). He spoke with great enthusiasm and threw in a decent joke here and there. He also gave us advise on the top 5 free attractions to go back and visit and what's worth paying to see and what's not, which I found quite helpful. Only negative i think is that he spoke/promoted sandemans other (paid) tours a little to much. All in all a great tour really insightful & enjoyable! Thank you!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Our guide Lewis actually gave up his day off to take our group. When I arrived at the appointed spot, there was a bit of confusion, too many people for tours and not enough guides. A few panicky phone calls and it was Lewis to the rescue. These tours have always been fun and interesting no matter what city I have been visiting. The guides are extremely knowledgable in their subject matter. Take the same tour with two different guides and get two different perspectives. You will not be walking the entire time, the guides find places to sit down while they tell you the history of what you are seeing. On the New Berlin tour you cover a lot of territory, but it is doable even for a senior with bad knees! This is so much better than a recorded audio bus tour and you get some exercise. Lewis was well versed in his subject matter and I would definitely recommend any of the walking tours this company has to offer. You pay what you think it was worth. I really appreciate how much heart and soul these tour guides put into each tour!