“Rob S is an amazing tour guide in an amazing city!”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Berlin
Berlin Pub Crawl Including VIP Club Entry
Ranked #1 of 610 Nightlife in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: FREE TOURS of Berlin every day in English and Spanish. Pub Crawls and tours of Sachsenhausen, Potsdam, Third Reich Berlin, Red Berlin and more.Founded in 2003 by Yale University graduate Chris Sandeman, SANDEMANs NEW Europe thrives on a simple concept: Everyone, no matter their budget, should be able to discover Europe through the eyes of an expert. Connecting great guides with smart travelers, we believe in supporting our local communities and are commited to giving a voice to self-employed guides who have chosen Berlin as their home.By ensuring that every native English or Spanish speaking guide represents our unique style of mixing history and story-telling while maintaining their own personality and flair, we've become one of the most popular tour companies in the world. Helping superb independent guides connect with thousands of travelers a day, we provide these local freelancers the possibility to inform and entertain you, and they employ us to spread the news about this great concept.
“Rob S is an amazing tour guide in an amazing city!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The free walking tour in Berlin was incredible! Our English speaking guide was Rob S & he took us on a journey through the history of Berlin as well as the culture & just everything that's beautiful about the city! & the fact that he was so passionate about the city meant that we could engage in his love for the city too & it really came across!! We enjoyed it so much that we did a second tour with him the next day - the third Reich tour which was also awesome! So much research has gone into these tours for us to learn about & really get our money's worth!! I would recommend it in a heartbeat! Thanks Rob & thanks sandemands! From young Aussie travellers!

• Arabic first
ana7joao
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

SO, so helpful! David, our tour guide in Amsterdam was absolutely amazing! With a cool attitude he showed and explained all the nice spots in town, all the Do's and Dont's. This guy could be a head concierge in a fancy hotel! I usually just give 5euros (lol) but I gave 10 because he was really nice! Can't wait for another tour! ;)

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very informative, the local guide knew his stuff!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I did this tour a couple of weeks back with my friend. I honestly could not fault it. The major attractions and some of the more hidden things were all covered by a guide who certainly knew what he was talking about. The "free tour" component was a new one to me and I was sure it would be endless hassle for "tipping" the guide. But it was completely pressure free. Everyone had a great time and I ended up tipping €10. To be honest, I thought it was a bargain. It covered in just a few hours, more than I could have covered alone in days. So good I immediately booked onto the company's Dachau tour.

1 Thank DrBud1986
Berlin, Germany
“Best city tour I have taken”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Was part of the tour that was guided by a gentleman named Sam Noble. One of the best guided tours I have taken till date. He was extremely informed and had an excellent sense of humor. Learned a lot about the city, German history and places to visit. Will strongly recommend it.

Visited November 2012
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Huntingdon
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Best Tour Ever”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Went to Berlin on a whim with a friend of mine for the weekend. It was by far the best thing we did the 2 weeks we were in Germany for training. Saw this tour on TA and decided to take the plunge. One of the tour guides came to our Hostel and picked us up for our tour and showed us to the starting point. There we meet up with what seemed to be easily over 100 people with about 5-6 guides.

The girl we ended up with was great. Very knowledgable about the sites and storys behind all the major landmarks (on the tour) and the side sites (such as Hilter's Burial). She keep the tour informative but exciting with all her jokes. Despite the cold and rainy weather the tour was great. I would recommend this tour to anyone, but make it the first thing you do, that way if you see something you like you can always go back.

We like the tour so much that we ended joining the Pub Crawl tour (small fee, fee on website). This tour we had mix reviews on. The first bar was way too small for the amount of people we had in the group. It felt like a pack of sardines. The next 2 bars were great and the welcoming shots were awesome. Where we got our sour note was on the way to the club. A couple of us ended up losing the group, when we found the club (15 mins later) the bouncers would not let us in and tried to charge us double. We ended up leaving and making our own night. For the company I suggest you spread out your guides on this tour.

Visited April 2012