“Fantastic tour, with all Berlin's history told in a really accessible way”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Berlin
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Berlin Pub Crawl Including VIP Club Entry
Ranked #2 of 647 Nightlife in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: FREE TOURS of Berlin every day in English and Spanish. Pub Crawls and tours of Sachsenhausen, Potsdam, Third Reich Berlin, Red Berlin and more.Founded in 2003 by Yale University graduate Chris Sandeman, SANDEMANs NEW Europe thrives on a simple concept: Everyone, no matter their budget, should be able to discover Europe through the eyes of an expert. Connecting great guides with smart travelers, we believe in supporting our local communities and are commited to giving a voice to self-employed guides who have chosen Berlin as their home.By ensuring that every native English or Spanish speaking guide represents our unique style of mixing history and story-telling while maintaining their own personality and flair, we've become one of the most popular tour companies in the world. Helping superb independent guides connect with thousands of travelers a day, we provide these local freelancers the possibility to inform and entertain you, and they employ us to spread the news about this great concept.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had a tour with Sam - one of the best tours I've done. I'm a tour guide myself so I'm always interested to check out tours when I go abroad, and he was so great. At first we were quite surprised on how much history was in the tour, given that it was such a mixed group, but everyone was really engaged. He brought along props to help make everything clearer, and he was fun and amusing, such a great tour. We really felt like we got some insider information that was a little bit off the main tourist itinerary, and came away understanding Germany's past in a really meaningful way. We were actually really happy to hear our guide is planning on becoming a history teacher - we think he'd be fantastic. I dragged the inlaws along because I'm into tours, but they stayed even after we had to leave for the airport because they ended up loving it. The tours are free, and there's no pressure to leave a tip, but you really should, it was one of the best things we did in Berlin.

Write a ReviewReviews (20,915)
All reviews
"knew his stuff"
in 123 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 259 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 178 reviews
"hitler's bunker"
in 131 reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 135 reviews

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Fantastic tour, our tour guide was studying history at a top berlin university and it was obvious she knew her stuff! A great way to get a detailed overview of berlin and germanys past, present and future and make new friends

Reviewed October 29, 2012

A very informative tour delivered by Sandie in such a down to earth interesting way, makes me wonder why didn't they do it that way when I was in school. Recommend doing this first when going to Berlin for the first time.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was a great tour. For an inexperienced traveler like myself, they made me feel very relaxed and made sure I didn't miss any of the highlights. Our tour guide, Simon, was very helpful and eager to answer questions. He spoke perfect English(Being a native English speaker) and really helped to not only show us all the sites, but also helped point out all the things to do on our own. A great way to get acclimated to the city and learn where to go. If you need to see the highlights quickly or if you plan to stay for a long time, this will help make the most of Berlin. Even better, it was free!