“Nice traditional German food”

Staendige Vertretung
Ranked #86 of 8,291 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German, Bar, European, Central European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mitte
Naples, Florida
“Nice traditional German food”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very good traditional German food at this restaurant. We sat by the river, which had a good view. Also serve lots of pizza at this place. Had my first black pudding and it wasn't too bad.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Great!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I've been here a number of times and I always take my friends here when they visit. The serving portions are generous, the food is tasty. However, the most recent visit (5 July - dinner) the waiter serving outside close the Friedrichstrasse station was rude. This ruined the experience for my friends and I. I wish I caught his name because usually the service is fantastic. He just chucked the menu's at us, and said quite matter of factly that there is one next to you (referring to the table next to us who had people there, as if we'd just take their menus!). I was also disappointed as on a previous occasion I did make a reservation and wanted to sit by the water. That was not accommodated, yet on my recent visit they had a specific table by the water reserved for other guests - why the double standards? I am generally happy with this place and this review is not meant to tell people to not go to this restaurant. I'm just a bit puzzled with the appalling service and not having a table reserved on a previous occasion. I had previously frequented this place often..

• Visited July 2013
Delray Beach, Florida
“Wonderful food and great location!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

The staff were so helpful, the moment I walked through the door. The restaurant is right on the river, however I enjoyed sitting inside and experiencing the atmosphere. I thoroughly recommend this restaurant, as you will not be disappointed!

Visited July 2013
Airdrie, Canada
“Great pork chops and meatballs!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We looked on TripAdvisor for a typical German restaurant in Berlin. We were not disappointed. It's a great place - just walked around looking at all the pictures was fun. It has a great location - right on the waterfront and close to the main train station.
The food was really good. I had curry sausage and it could have been spicier for me, but it was good. My family had the smoked pork chops and pork meatballs dinner. Oh my! Delicious!! The friend potatoes were excellent, too.
We shared a dessert of apple (something or another) and it was delicious, too.
A great experience.

• Visited June 2013
Thame, United Kingdom
“Good food, fun to eat by the river”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We ate outside as the weather was good and enjoyed this typical German restaurant. My tartar of herring which was a seasonal speciality was absolutely delicious and everyone else's dishes at the table were also very good. For dessert I shared a kind of German pizza made with apples cinnamon and calvados, and it was pure heaven!

• Visited June 2013