“A chain with HIGH standards”

Block House Karl Marx Allee
Ranked #572 of 9,114 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Friedrichshain
Reviewed July 25, 2014

It has become a tradition to visit a Block House restaurant when visiting Germany, and we have now visited three here in Berlin, and a number of Block House Restaurants in the rest of Germany.

The meat is always of very high quality, and prepared just as we like it. I like my steaks "blue", and here they always get it right. The salads are always fresh, crisp and tasty, and the baked potatos with sour cream are legend.

They may be part of a chain of restaurants, and the menu may be the same wherever you go. But Block House shows that being a chain doesn't mean you have to compromise on quality.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is a chain of Steak Houses in Germany and I have to say having visited them before I had forgotten how good a standard of food they produced.
I visited the Old CSA Airlines Office - now a Bar for a Drink and went over the road to book a Table - the young lady told me to return in 45 mins and she would have a table for me - I did just that and had a first class meal , which was good value for money.
Worth a visit.

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Seriously, the sour cream... So good! I couldn't stop dolloping it on my baked potato. I didn't even think it could taste that nice.
Had the turkey which was perfectly cooked and everything was really hot when it came out which was great.
Staff were very friendly.
The place has a great feel to it too, something about the red booths and lighting - it has a great atmosphere. Like it's from another, classic era.
I'd definitely go back here, and bring people.

1  Thank Liz_D_2013_61
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Visited here when we were in Berlin for a long weekend. We had passed it by and checked out the Menu and thought it looked good. It was always packed which is a good sign.
Called in to see if we could book a table for that night - only availablity was after 9pm - which suited us fine.
Arrived about 8.50pm - the matire'd remembered us and seated us right away. The place was very busy but at no time did we feel rushed and the staff were all very helpful and pleasant!
Food was amazing!! Steaks came as standard with baked potato with sour cream and a salad starter!! I had a Fillet steak - perfectly seasoned and cooked. Baked potato was a lovely change from fries and the home made sour cream sauce was fab. The salad starter was excellent too, just enough to leave room for an amazing main course.
Price for 3 beers and a diet coke, and the meal was around 60E so definitely value for money!!
I can not recommend this place enough!! I would definitely make a point of going back here if i was in Berlin again!!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

My wife & I had a three night stay in berlin for the Christmas markets. Berlin is bustling & the smell of food & mulled wines from the markets is all consuming. We had passed the blockhouse on both Friday & Saturday, to see queues outside. Our fligh was late on Sunday night, so after another hard days sightseeing we were glad to see no queues outside. When we got inside though there was a small queue. We were seated within five minutes next to the open kitchen.i don't always like the idea of an open kitchen & can be off putting. But on this occasion it was fascinating to watch the various steaks being cooked with typical German efficiency. My wife had the sirloin & I had the rib eye, both cooked to perfection. The steaks come with baked potato & sour cream as standard. Couldn't fault the service or food. Not really our type of restaurant as this is the kind of place real carnivores come for meat & quantity. All in all though very good.

1  Thank Tom D