“Great Place, Friendly Staff”
Review of Cafe 100 Wasser

Cafe 100 Wasser
Ranked #6,668 of 9,114 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Friedrichshain
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Two breakfast brunch reviews in one! First visit: I basically fasted the day before my visit in preparation. I was determined to eat breakfast, lunch, and nearly dinner here. I was successful. As a single diner, I was never bothered by the staff who obviously knew what I was trying to do. They never once tried to get me out of the restaurant to clear up a table. Food was great!

Second visit: I took my husband here on our last day in Berlin. We got there around 10:00, and it was packed and booked with reservations for the whole day. The waitress told us we could eat outside, but it was freezing. She scurried away as we were trying to decide what to do. We really had our hearts set on eating here! Soon, the waitress came back and told us that she has a table open with a reservation starting at 11:00. If we could finish in one hour, we could sit there. We took it! We set upon eating as much of their delicious food as fast as we could. The best was a sort of chicken and mushrooms in a cream sauce. The food was hot, always fresh, and dee-freakin'-licious. Having downed 3 cups of coffee and enough food for 2 days, we waddled out with a few minutes to spare. This place will always be my Sunday brunch spot, even more so now because the waitress was so nice!! Love it!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I really like this place because location is good and food is ok (prices ok). Service is a bit sharp and need to know that customers are their "wage". No English spoken. Apart from these issues, it's a great place to have dinner because hopping around the neighbourhood with nice bars, etc
The street (Simon Dach Strasse) is full of life in Summer and in winter you need to enter bars, etc

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had dinner here our first night as it was handy to our hotel and looked promising from the outside. The menu is ridiculously long which is never a good sign for the standard of the food. The waiters were fairly unfriendly and almost slightly mocking of us. If it hadn't been for their great cocktails we would have left straight after eating. Though waiting on the bill kept us there quite a long time anyway!!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

During our stay in Berlin, we rented an apartment just above Café 100 Wasser. It really became our second living space. It's on a corner, so you had sun on one side in the morning and the other in the afternoon. I have to admit that service was slow. But the waiters were very nice and all made an effort with english. They have very good breakfasts, served till 3pm on week days and happy hours in the evenings. The prices are great and the food is ok. They have free Wifi as well. We missed their Sunday brunch, but apparently it's the place to be! I'll happily go back when visiting Berlin again.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

It was a warm evening, so everybody was sitting outside and we decided to be the only customers indoors. The waiter was so bored of his job that it was a small surprise we got anything. The food came in a reasonable time and was ok, nothing special, but keeps the hunger away until the next meal. Before we even had finished, the water came to us and wanted us to pay as his shift was ending. Understandable, but it would be possible to present the matter in a slightly less rude manner. Overall feeling: not going to go back ever.