“Not really good”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Brussels, Belgium
“Not really good”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have been to Georgia and therefore know the real taste and also the country. For that reason I am very sorry to say so, but this restaurant is over-priced and the food is not good. Georgia not being a wealthy country, it is remarquable how good the food generally is, actually one of the most delicious I ever tasted.
In Berlin you cannot expect to have your food at the Georgian price level, yet you can expect it to be as delicious as in Georgia, and here it is not. Most dishes do not have the typical Georgian taste, and worse they are pretty tasteless. For instance, the Khinkali, which really is a simple yet delicious dish, were not even filled with real meat. The Khatchapuri was more like a chunk of dry and fatty pizza bread, and for the price a real disgrace. And then most of the typical dishes are simply missing on the menu, or when you get them they tend to be barely recognisable.
Totally over-priced for Berlin. Would not return unless substantial improvement of their quality, the authentic pottery tableware you can see on the pictures won't save the day.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank oftravel

• Polish first
Thailand
“Well worth a try!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I know a lot about Asian and European Food, but nothing about Georgian food. Since one of my friends got a Georgian daughter in law and started to sing praises of Georgian cuisine I was very curious, and yesterday was the day, we went to this restaurant.

A jolly bunch of young people (from Georgia, I think), a nice atmosphere, .the service was OK - and the food! Very nice, very "exotic" to me, and VERY filling. I didn't take the warnings serious enough and had to leave more than half of my main uneaten. The waitress offered to pack it and take it home, but I was so full that I didn't want to think about food anymore.

First, we had a selection of several starters like eggplants filled with walnut paste, spinach cheese balls, pickled cabbage and beans. Then, both of us choose chicken, my friend fried chicken breast with cheese, and I Tabaka, chicken from the oven in garlic-walnut sauce. Both of us liked the starters much better, but are curious to try more of the dishes.

The water was excellent, but the wine wasn't. I had a quarter of white house wine which I didn't like at all - but I am a difficult wine drinker. Next time, I'll order beer. And there will be a next toime, for sure.

• Visited June 2012
Horsens, Denmark
“Huge amount of food...”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Not quite as good as many of the reviews stated in my opinion, but still a nice experience.
We shared the menu for two, with food enough for 4 people.
It was okay but that is it...

• Visited April 2012
Baden-Baden, Germany
“Discovering the variety of Georgia’s cuisine”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

It was a first time Georgian cuisine experience for me. I enjoyed it a lot, but would pay more attention to the risk of an overdose of garlic. The menus for two and more persons are an excellent value for money offer and allow discovering the variety of Georgia’s cuisine. Service staff was not always as attentive as they could have been, but polite.

• Visited February 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Georgian - who would have thought it would be so incredible”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We went to Genazvale based on the recommendation of our guide. We were skeptical at the first thought of post-Soviet republic food. The reality is that it was truly amazing. The best way to do Georgian is to order and share a bunch of appetizers and split a main dish stew. The incredible use of fresh green ingredients and taste pairs will send me back, especially for the eggplant walnut rolls. The cheezy Katchapuri bread can't be beat either.

• Visited June 2011