“Max und Moritz”

Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kreuzberg
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I went there because it was a story I read a lot when I was a small kid :-).
I was delighted to discover that the restaurant was decorated with many art crafts related to the story.
Good German food (I ate the Klops, which I remembered as a meat loaf but was served here as a meat ball) which was very good.
Flammkuchen (I probably spelled it wrong. Sorry) was good too.
A very nice, German choice for dinner!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,184)

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I visited this restaurant for dinner on a quiet night. The service was excellent, great choice on the menu and all 10 of us had delicious German food including stews, schnitzels, potato noodles as well as other dishes. There was a good choice of beer and the decor was eclectic but attractive as well as there being plenty of space. Recommended.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Having to wait 45 minutes between placing an order and being served was a bad start. But you can only imagine the disappointment when huge pile of cheap stodgy grub was then slapped down before one. The flavourless salad was doused in that nasty synthetic supermarket vinaigrette. The herring salted to such extremes I had to take a gulp of water after every mouthful. The pork simply a massive pile of cheap cuts drowning in something like bistro gravy with a wedge of cardboard-like stuffing between every wedge of pork. What’s' more you're charged 2 Euros for a glass of slimy tap water. All very disappointing.

1  Thank Katherin12z
Reviewed November 4, 2012

the first time we decided to go to max und moritz, it was closed (it opens at 5 pm, so if you 're planning on going you 'd better have that on mind). The second time, when we finally ate there, we had the max und moritz steak ( the another one i can t remember the name). It was really good and very big and it costed 15,5 euros. I would suggest it for german cuisine and good bier.

1  Thank Myrtous
Reviewed October 9, 2012

the place is a well respected astablishment in berlin and for good reason. Our experince there was great in all respects but mainly thanks to the perfect schnitzel dish that we will dream about for many years to come. that's the 1st place we're going if we ever get to berlin again.