“Amazing experience”
Review of Massai-Berlin

Massai-Berlin
Ranked #295 of 10,086 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: African
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pankow (Borough)
Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

A friend chose this place but had not told anyone what it was about. It is well decorated and very cozy. Table wear also uses typical themes. Everything was amazing, from the appetizers, welcome drink, going through different meat experiences. We got a selection of zebra, camel and antelope. Not sure if I would taste it knowing in advance, but it was better like that. My favorite one was zebra, extremely tasty and tender. I definitely recommend this place and its experience.

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

Tried here for something different and we weren't disappointed. Brilliant decor and very quirky. Menu was extensive. We chose set menus which gave a good chance to taste different things. There is loads of different meats to try including camel and zebra. Lots of great tastes and spices. It wasn't cheap but felt it was with it. Good atmosphere and laid back service.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

Visited Massai after realising our the place we were going to eat (Ushido) on the same street was closed. We were not disappointed for long after walking into Massai. The decor is great, they all speak very good English and were seated straight away. I tried the Mango beer. Sounds a bit strange but it was recommended and it was amazing. Very refreshing and even my partner who doesn't drink beer enjoying trying it. The menu looked a bit daunting but we both quickly decided on 'Mama Africa' which was a 3 course menu with a bit of everything for under €25pp. Everything was very good and full of different flavours. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 2, 2016 via mobile

Quite a fan of this restaurant. They serve really good food and always a nice little treat from the kitchen. My friends are vegetarians and also really loved the menu. Each time I go the quality is consistent and such nice service! Give it a try!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 1, 2016

I loved this place ! Very hospitable, the atmosphere and décor bring you back to Africa and the food was excellent, served with a lot of originality. There is a wide choice on the menu, even for vegetarians !
I would just recommend a little bit more lighting in the environement. It's a shame not to be able to see all the amazing details in the place.
Highly recommended place to go in Berlin !

Date of visit: March 2016