“Good Thai food in Berlin”
Review of Thai Inside

Thai Inside
Ranked #84 of 8,720 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We were sitting in the metro on our way to Alexanderplatz to find something to eat and when looking out the window we passed by a few Asian restaurants in a row. So from the metro station we walked back a bit and took a seat on the (small) terrace of this restaurant.
The menu has a lot of variation, I eventually chose the fried fish in red curry sauce. It was served with sticky rice and vegetables and was served nicely on a platter. The sauce was delicious and the plate was so big I couldn't finish it (and that never happens to me when eating Thai food!). Service was friendly and the price was fair (€20 pp). Overall a good experience, definitely recommendable!

1  Thank Ronaldo070

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We visited this restaurant while on a short city break with 2 friends, we found it on Trip Advisor looking for a Thai restaurant in Mitte.

This is a very average restaurant overall, the space and décor very basic and the food just decent. We were disappointed with the service however. We dined on a very quiet night, the restaurant was about half full, but we still had to work to get the attention of the waiter who was awkward to interact with and seemed genuinely disinterested in being there. Had the remainder of the experience been better, my grade would have been more forgiving. Berlin has much better options than this.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We passed by in our search for a restaurant and only had to wait for 30min. We did go for a drink in a place nearby and they kept the table for us.
The food was just amazing! even now, back home, I sometimes wish it was close by so I could go back right away.

1  Thank StephanieDelaere
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I've enjoyed Vietnamese food several times this week but I was really craving Thai. I walk by this place quite a bit and it's usually busy. Duck curry was a lunch special which sounded good. I had the soup and duck Curry special for 10€ with tip. (Excluding drink.) The duck was crispy, the dish flavorful and rich with coconut milk, served so prettily with splayed radishes and carrot curls, and the service was very nice.

However, when I went to the ladies' room, the soap dispenser was empty. Thinking about hygiene and food safety issues grossed me out knowing that the servers are washing their hands after using the toilet just with water. On my way out, I told the lady that there was not any soap and she did not seem overly concerned.

Food and service, 5*, hygiene issue, 1*.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

During a recent visit we found it quite tricky to find good places to eat in the tourist area. After turning to the trusty TripAdvisor app we found Thai Inside and what a find! We were lucky enough to get the last free table but despite being busy service was prompt. The food was excellent and the cheapest meal we had during our trip to Berlin. Definitely worth a visit.