“Didn't come close to expectation”
Review of Thai Inside

Thai Inside
Ranked #87 of 8,796 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed January 2, 2013

What a total disappointment this turned out to be on New Years Eve. I booked this by e mail in October so was not very impressed to be greeted blankly when we arrived.The lady who received us did not seem to believe we had made a booking and I was forced to bring up my e mails on my mobile to satisfy her.Luckily I had it with me.Although ,in hindsight,being turned away would have been better.We were seated and then waited 10 mins for someone to approach us.We ordered chicken as a starter.When that came up it was the tiniest bit of meat on a skewer.It was in edible and just full of gristle and fat.None was edible.The mains were slightly better but more effort went into presentation than the taste.All in all at virtually 50 euros for two starters and two mains with a soft drink and a small beer with the food being dire,it was a waste.We didn't let in ruin the night but weren't impressed.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

What a great find! A small restaurant serving super tasty thai food. My husband and I both had a soup to start and my only issue was that the soups were so delicious we could've eaten twice as much! However, the main courses were large and just as delicious. If we come back to berlin we'll definitely be coming back here to eat. Reasonably priced and worth the wait if they can't seat you straight away. We were lucky as we didn't book and still managed to get a table but others weren't so lucky. Might be a good idea to make a reservation. We went on January 1st 2013.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Enjoyed a very tasty Thai meal here. Good service, pleasant environment and quite centrally located. Good value for money. Should we visit Berlin again, we'll return to this restaurant.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Thai inside is located near Alexanderplatz and the location is pretty. The service is very good and the waiters are always polite. Food is excellent (the daily soup I tried was awesome) and there is a daily and weekly special menu. We tried an asian mixed starter and fried duck and we were completely satisfied with the meal. Prices are very convenient.

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Good quality of ingredients, except curry paste base used is rather flavorless. Quality of cooks is not very good though - even Isaan dishes are disappointing despite Kitchen being from that region. Phad Kapao really disappointing and even prik nam pla could not save it. Som Tam decent though a bit sweet and papaya grated rather than chopped which makes it a bit mashy. Lab chopped too small also making it mashy in the mouth, lacking taste and grounded rice to give consistence.
Friendly service but strange decoration (Bali Buddha head and African elephant statues).
Definitely not a bad place but you would expect more with a Thai owner and 100% Thai team