“More anytime” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of More

Ranked #431 of 8,231 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Schoneberg
London, United Kingdom
“More anytime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

In a previous trip to Berlin, friends and I ate at More 3 times; this time only once - but that was due to schedules. This is the first time we've eaten outside. (Bees in August are a big problem in the daytime - so beware.)

The food choices are excelelnt as is the engaging service. I had a fillet steak as thick as any I've had - and for good value and even better flavour. My dinner mate had surf and turf with the surf being prawns - that looked great. Must've been, too, because he wasn't offering any to share.

The decor is the same as it was when we visited 4 years ago but that is certainly not a complaint. It still looks fresh and clean. It is a fun, casual place, but also nice enough for a date or two; and their official website pictures are accurate. Great regional fare.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ferrelled

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Den haag
“The classic card is great, the weekcard sometimes surprising”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I went here twice last week. I try to eat vegetarian in restaurants often, and this week I found on the week menu the pancakes with herbs and mushroom cream sauce. It was not bad but it was very salt and I also would have loved some salad with it, now we only got a huge plate of pancake with mushrooms, The taste is very strong and when that is the only thing on your plate it tends to get boring. Rather heavy meal by the way.

The second time I gave up my vegetarian food quest and went for the classic roastbeef that I had before. This is still a very good meal, and not expensive. It was also lovely to have cold meat when it was as warm as it was in Berlin early august. They also served delicious cold Rose wine.

The overall experience was positive.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
“My favourite in Berlin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

While vacationing in Berlin in July, 2013, I ate at several restaurants but my favourite, without question, was More in Berlin's gay village. I ate at More 3 times and the food was absolutely fantastic. I remembering thinking to myself, if this place were in Toronto, Canada, where I'm from, I would be a regular customer.

More has a patio and a portion is designated for non-smokers. Unfortunately, the tables on the patio are too close. The building is old and quaint. The interior of More is red with strategically placed mirrors. Although red is not a favourite colour of mine, the decor was well done, making it a very cozy dining experience.

I had the Linguine Almond Basil Pesto, Wild Mushroom Salad, Green Gazpacho Soup and other forgotten nameless dishes. All were very delicious, my compliments to the Chef. I drank mostly a Riesling by the glass. The prices were very affordable for such a classy restaurant.

The service was friendly, professional and efficient. It's good to be back home but I want more!

Visited July 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Good food in a central location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Good food, good service, good prices.
Attentive service, especially from a asian girl. Nice smile and good service :-)
Centrally located in the gay district.

• Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“I am in Copenhagen and all I want is MORE!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

On our recent trip to Berlin we rented and apartment on Motzstrasse and found this restaurant outside the front door. Amazing flavors, seasoned correctly, food cooked to perfection.

One hot night we came back from a marathon of museums and plopped down to the most amazing green gazpacho, rosemary croutons with a gin foam and cracked szechuan peppercorns. I followed with a lovely Caesar Salad. What a way to cool off and relax.

The Sunday brunch was the biggest surprise. This was a true combination of everything you could ever want for brunch, especially the fresh cooked eggs and amazingly cooked bacon and sausage. Yet, there was also a tandoori chicken, amazing artichoke/red bean salad, and a fruit salad that was fresh and delicious. Breads, pastries, cereal...everything you could want.

Where ever we stay on our next trip to Berlin, we will take the UBahn to Nollendorfplatz and walk the two block to this gem at Motzstrasse 28. I really can not wait to be back in Berlin so I can have some...More.

• Visited July 2013