“good for 1 night”

Ibis Wuerzburg City
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Wurzburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 17, 2012

good place to sleep 1 night drawback that no decent environment to take dogs outside, good snack choices for instead going out to eat nice clean room, sufficient breakfeast parking was not easy to find

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ibis Wuerzburg City

Reviewed October 8, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2012

It was the same standard Ibis as all around the world. The location is 10 minutes walk from the main square of the city. The room was silently and clean. There is a parking place for 8 euros per day on a 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Arrived at the hotel and found the parking across the road ok after reading previous reviews. Shocked however to find it was 8 Euros where most towns of this size would be free.
Check in was ok apart from the miserable staff on reception. I was advised that there was no restaurant at the hotel but was advised I could eat at the restaurant in the cinema next door or another one called Lumen which was a little walk further.
After dropping my bags in my room which was a basic IBIS room (although not one of the most modern ones I've stayed in) I headed out to find some food.
The choice in the cinema restaurant was totally uninspiring so decided to go and find Lumen only to find it was shut. Went back to reception to get a map and ask how to get into town and eat.
Eventually after a 10 minute walk I found a few shops and restaurants amongst which was Joe's which is a latin american style place. I found this very good and had decent service and the food was excellent.
Heading back to my room I tried to get onto the wifi which I had payed for as part of the business/breakfast package but I could not connect as I was on the third floor and probably too far away from the router. Next problem was I was sat at the desk with my laptop planning on doing a bit of work and needed to plug in my power lead but there was no plug socket avaialble anywhere near the desk. I eventaully ended up having to unplug the TV and use that socket altough it was a bit of a stretch.
Sleep quality was not too bad and next morning breakfast was of good standard. At checkout I was told I needed to pay for the bottle of water I had ordered the night before but was advised by the snotty receptionist that I couldn't add it to my bill and would have to pay separately. I was also told I would have to pay cash as the minimum card payment was 10 euros. After I advised I had no cash and much humming and harring she finally put it through on my card and added it to my bill.
Overall not the greatest of hotels in a country where one is accustomed to poor service anyway. Further to the check out issue, I since found that my card was charged twice for the one bottle of water I had.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank martinpconnell
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel is very convenient for a visit to Wurzburg.
It is clean and comfotable. Parking is just oposite the building.
Staff is friendly.
We enjoyed our stay.
Rooms are a little bit noisy from the street, but when you close the window it is no problem at all.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Berelijn
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Finding the hotel was easy but a bit confused re where the car park was - one phone call and the helpful receptionist with excellent english explained to us - directly opposite (across the main road).
Hotel was exactly what we expected - we used Ibis for most of this trip - could find nothing to complain of. I think all of the hotels we used had been recently refurbished with good quality beds, linen etc.
It was probably about a 10min walk to centre of town and as we got there around 7.30pm was delighted to find the attraction of the old bridge where folks enjoyed sun-downers.
Plenty of bars and restaurants within 10mins of hotel. The hotel had a pleasant bar and restaurant but we only had coffee and croissant in the morning so cannot comment on the food.
All the staff here were pleasant and helpful.
We really enjoyed our one night stay here and would go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple