“Honeymoon Heaven”

Wurzburg Day Tour from Frankfurt
Ranked #1 of 79 things to do in Wurzburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This palace served as the home for Würzburg's powerful prince-bishops during the Enlightenment and is known for its extravagant artistic design and Baroque architecture.
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I visited the Residenz in Wurzburg in July 2010 for our honeymoon. (As I was not prolific on Trip Advisor at that time, I forgot to write a review.) The gardens are BEAUTIFUL in the summer -- lush, green and welcoming. We spent a good hour just wandering through the gardens.

The house is just as grand as the outdoors. There are several tours in English offered during the summer, and it is well worth the price to see the beautiful mirror room.

If you're in Wurzburg, I would strongly encourage you to take a few hours to enjoy this jewel.

2  Thank SvenskaSvea1987
Write a ReviewReviews (2,056)

Reviewed January 11, 2014

The whole point of visiting the Residenz is to see the mirror room, which you can only visit with a guide. It cost you no extra to be part of the tour group. The only annoying thing is that the English tour during the winter time only has one session starts at 4pm, so plan your visit well. The guide (Mr. Walk) speaks good English and has a very good sense of humour. I've learnt so much about the building from him. When we entered the mirror room, I couldn't believe what I see, it was splendidly beautiful! After the visit to the Residenz apartments, our guide then told us not to miss out the Court Chapel which was hidden inside the building, without his advice, I would simply skip one of the most beautiful chapel I've ever seen! The downside: you can't take pictures inside, but maybe it means you have to pay more attention to the building in order to remember it.

2  Thank thetankengine
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We visited during winter, and had to miss the beautiful gardens which we read about.
The residence is easy to visit, but if you would like to understand more of the history, do join their guided tours. The interior is beautiful and there are no cameras allowed inside.

1  Thank DawnKoh
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I spent an afternoon with my family in Wurzburg Residenz and I more appreciated there were external gardens and cellars, with wine barrels.
There was having a wedding and there were not many indoor open for visitation.
I intend to return there on another occasion to know better, but if you're passing through Wurzburg this place is indispensable.
There is parking nearby.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I didnt like our visit to this attraction. The staff were unfriendly. It want interested at all to me. Not value for money. Will not visit it again.

1  Thank sunshine197506