“Very nice evening”

Ratskeller Wurzburg
Ranked #24 of 345 Restaurants in Wurzburg
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Naples, Florida
“Very nice evening”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Excellent food and beer selection. Service was a bit slow at the start, but once our order was taken all went smoothly. We enjoyed the street entertainment while we ate outdoors. Very impressive Franconian food.

• Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
“Great place to go”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

When in Germany wanting food and a rest from sight-seeing, it always seems a good idea to head for the Ratskeller. This one is no exception. It has a lot of settings inside the historic old Wurzburg Rathaus building, plus an attractive leafy and fountainy outside space enclosed between two buildings (a ratsgarten?) just right for summer evenings. The turnover seems steady, the food well-cooked Franconian dishes, the service friendly, welcoming, intelligent and generally superb. As soon as I sat down I was asked what I'd like to drink. I'd go back again, and again...

“Opens on Sunday”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I went Wuerzburg on Sunday. Most of shops and restaurant were closed but, this restaurant was opend. So this restaurant was a little crowded at that day. Stuffs seemed busy but, they treated me politely. I was deeply touched by their kindness. Needless to say, food was very good.

Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
“God value meal”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Chose this restaurant as had previously visited the Ratskeller in Regensburg and enjoyed a meal so hoped this would be as good. We were waiting quite a while before the waitress gave us menus but after that the service was fine. My husband chose the pork with onions, bacon and chips and I chose the Franconian chicken with bacon, grapes and almond potato croquettes - the white wine sauce was delicious. We were too full for desserts. We sat in an outside courtyard area which was quite pleasant for lunch on a warm day.

Denver, CO
“Excellent food, wine, ambiance and staff”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had the schnitzel (again) but this was soooo good; spouse had the sauerbraten. You must visit. I thought the name sounded like a tourist trip but was I wrong. The architecture is the first draw for me but wine, food, staff - too good to believe, but true

Visited June 2013