“Wonderful location, warm and cozy”
Review of Gasthof Butz

Gasthof Butz
Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Rothenburg
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here in March of 2012 and it was wonderful. There were snow flurries and it was freezing outside, but was warm and cozy inside. I had to leave early and because I would not be able to have breakfast that day, they discounted my room for the cost of breakfast! The room was spotless and the bathroom was a nice size.
I did have a problem with the free internet (I was on the third floor), but was able to access it on the landing on the second where they had a nice little sitting area with plants.
As a woman travelling alone, I really liked the warmth and safety of staying in town and having all of RODT at my fingertips.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ladye L

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This hotel (B&B) has been owned and operated by the same family since the late 1800's. It is in a perfect location at the heart of the charming town of Rothenburg. The rooms were small but fine. The breakfast was great and the food at the restaurant very reasonably priced, huge portions and good. This hotel was very family friendly and all the staff were pleasant and helpful. We spent 2 nights here and would have stayed longer if we had more time. Rothenburg is one of my favorite towns in Germany.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank tarahipps
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is a great guest house. It is very cosy and homely. The location is great - it is inside the walled old town and literally a one minute walk from the townsquare. We had a family room and it was a good size for 2 adults and 2 children (The kids loved the guest house). It was very reasonably price which included a nice breakfast. Look forward to staying here next time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nerida A
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is a lovely little hotel with only 12 rooms located just down a little alley from the main market square. We had a spacious triple room and it was very clean with a big bathroom. There is a great looking beer garden at the back of the hotel which wasn't being used during our stay but I imagine would be very popular in Summer. Price is very reasonable and location is excellent. Staff not very friendly but it may have been language barriers? WIFI a little slow at times but still a big plus! Recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank leonie69
Reviewed December 9, 2011

This guesthouse is a rare find. My wife and I stayed here when we did a circle road trip from Munich during the Christmas Market season. It is a delightful place with cozy clean comfortable rooms. Wi-Fi is included in all of the rooms. The location is very near the heart of this small romantic town and the restaurant is better than most of what you can find in this town. There is a parking garage very close to this place, where you may park your vehicle, but you can park for free directly in front of this hotel for free between the hours of 5:00 pm and 9:00 am.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Skig8r
Reviewed November 19, 2011

My room was very small and basic but not expensive on the other hand , only 39 Euros with breakfast. There was a bathroom but so small that a handbasin had to be in the room. I think that double rooms are more comfortable ,as usually, because Gasthof Butz looks very beautiful. I definitely recommend this hotel despite the fact that my room was rather poor especially that the town is magnificent and the location of the hotel is perfect.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Gigella M
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night when we visited Rothenburg in September 2011. It was a delightful stay. The room itself was clean and cozy with a large bathroom (including towel warmer rack). The included breakfast was lovely, and the cute knitted hats to keep the boiled eggs warm was a nice touch. We had lunch in the restaurant's biergarten the next day, and that was good too.

The location can't be beat...just a few steps to the main market square, yet off the "main drag" a bit so perhaps a bit quieter. Although we had arrived by train there seemed to be ample parking in the Kapellenplatz. I would happily stay here again if I am lucky enough to return to Rothenburg someday.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple