“Great Restaurant, Tasty Food!”

Gasthof Rodertor Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 117 Restaurants in Rothenburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We did not stay in this hotel, but we did eat in the Kartoffelstube restaurant and had a great experience! The staff was very friendly, helpful and prompt with all services. The majority of the dishes are made in some way with potatoes (kartoffel; thus, the name). We had the shrimp in garlic sauce for an appetizer and it was amazing! The main courses were a pizza for me and pork medallions for my wife and everything was absolutely fabulous. With an app, main courses, and 4 beverages, our total was about €45, so not bad at all. I would definitely recommend checking out this restaurant.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We ate here as part of our stay here. The evening meal was wonderful. The breakfast is adequate (not as extensive as many other places we've stayed) but without shortcomings.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I love the idea of a restaurant based just on potato dishes! The Schupfnedeln (potato noodles with sauerkraut and bacon was delicious, as was the au gratin casserole we tried (was sort of like a lasagna but with potato slices, ground meat and marinara). I loved the feel of the place - it was very welcoming and like going to grandma's house. The staff was really nice and they did have an English menu. The prices were really reasonable - I would highly recommend giving this place a try!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Wanting to have dinner outside on a very warm evening, wanting to enjoy a Biergarten experience, and not wanting to spend a small fortune, we found Gasthof Rodertor Restaurant. In a beautiful setting under large canopied trees, we were not disappointed. The Pilsner was delicious. As other reviewers have stated, love of the potato is quite evident in their menu. We ordered a potato pizza, which was served piping hot, and was delicious. We also ordered the smoked salmon with potato cake which was just perfect. Plenty of smoked salmon, large dollop of fresh sour cream with chives, and the biggest potato cake (think shredded hash brown) I have ever seen. I needed help to finish. Service was prompt and friendly. Our server kindly translated the asparagus specials. This restaurant is located on Ansbacher, just outside of the city gate (Rodertor), and easy to walk to. We highly recommend.

1  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Everything you could imagine being done with potatoes exist in this place...
The potato salad is definitely the best I've ever had in my entire life!!!
The flavors are sensational, the combinations are amazing ...
It is impossible to come to Rothenburg and not try it!!!

3  Thank FHolzchuh