“Wonderful!”

Ranked #23 of 114 Restaurants in Rothenburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I love the idea of a restaurant based just on potato dishes! The Schupfnedeln (potato noodles with sauerkraut and bacon was delicious, as was the au gratin casserole we tried (was sort of like a lasagna but with potato slices, ground meat and marinara). I loved the feel of the place - it was very welcoming and like going to grandma's house. The staff was really nice and they did have an English menu. The prices were really reasonable - I would highly recommend giving this place a try!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Wanting to have dinner outside on a very warm evening, wanting to enjoy a Biergarten experience, and not wanting to spend a small fortune, we found Gasthof Rodertor Restaurant. In a beautiful setting under large canopied trees, we were not disappointed. The Pilsner was delicious. As other reviewers have stated, love of the potato is quite evident in their menu. We ordered a potato pizza, which was served piping hot, and was delicious. We also ordered the smoked salmon with potato cake which was just perfect. Plenty of smoked salmon, large dollop of fresh sour cream with chives, and the biggest potato cake (think shredded hash brown) I have ever seen. I needed help to finish. Service was prompt and friendly. Our server kindly translated the asparagus specials. This restaurant is located on Ansbacher, just outside of the city gate (Rodertor), and easy to walk to. We highly recommend.

1  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Everything you could imagine being done with potatoes exist in this place...
The potato salad is definitely the best I've ever had in my entire life!!!
The flavors are sensational, the combinations are amazing ...
It is impossible to come to Rothenburg and not try it!!!

3  Thank FHolzchuh
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Yes, here you can eat several kind of potate cooked in different way...but not only. The meat is delicius and the pork wonderful. If you want a special dessert you must try the fried apple with vanilla ice...fantastic!

2  Thank Franco B
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This restaurant has many potato dishes. My meal of stuffed chicken breast (excellent, very tender) was accompanied by potato cakes, which were very good. The food was very well prepared. My spouse had sausage & sauerkraut. At the entry, there were bottles of schnappes with an unusual glass measuring stopper, so my spouse had to try some. They suggested one with herbal flavors, which was very nice.

Breakfast the next morning was very good, standard selection of meats/cheeses, bread, yogurt, and boiled eggs.

2  Thank Wendy A