“Best guided tour I have experienced”

The Night Watchman Tour
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in Rothenburg
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Georg Baumgartner, The Night Watchman of Rothenburg, is the most entertaining tour guide I have ever seen. I strongly recommend every visitor of Rothenburg to take this one hour tour with Georg. He is not only a great guide but definitely a great actor/stand-up comedian.

1  Thank umurcan
There are newer reviews for The Night Watchman Tour

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is a must do tour if you are in Rothenburg. Our hotel and our tour book recommended this tour and they were correct. The tour is a lot of fun and we learned a lot about Rothenburg and life during the Medieval times. The tour lasts an hour and starts at 8 pm at the main plaza. Our 10 year old son enjoyed the tour. The Watchman has a dry sense of humor so you have to listen closely to all of his jokes. He speaks loudly so do not worry if there is a crowd in front of you. He will stand on a bench so that everyone is able to see and hear him at the various stops. I highly recommend this tour.

2  Thank jb230
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Take the tour and you'll understand what I'm talking about.
Hans Georg Baumgartner, The Night Watchman of Rothenburg, is a most entertaining tour guide.
We did this tour primarily because it was recommended by Rick Steves. People begin to gather outside the town hall on the market square shortly before 8PM. By the time Hans arrives (you won't miss him!) there is quite a crowd.
The tour is informative and humerous and worth every bit of the 7 euro which you'll pay at the end of the tour. Yes, I'm sure some people "stiff" him but, shame on them. I found it to be worth every cent.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

First of all my kids got a kick out of the night watchman. It was a very informative tour with a little humor added. I can't imagine if it would have been nice out how big the tour would have been. To me it was the perfect size! FYI, its not free. $7 adults, students $3?? 12 and under free. Still worth every penny plus more!!

1  Thank tamjomc
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I only wish it were a little bit longer to hear even more about the town's history. Don't miss this tour!

1  Thank TaraAD1983