“Very cool.”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very cool.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

The night watchman tour was very fun and interesting. He blended historical information with humor and our 9-year old daughter even found it to be fun. The World War II story at the end was the highlight. I would highly recommend doing this if you are in Rothenburg.

Calgary, Canada
“The Night Watchman Tour”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed this tour. The Night Watchman was completely in character and had a fantastic time retelling stories of the way things were. We learned many amazing facts about Rothenburg. I would completely recommend it. (He also sells a dvd which perhaps next time I will buy). Just be aware that depending on the season there may be many people walking along with you.

Cologne, Germany
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Must-see in Rothenburg”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Our son took the tour on a school trip and it was his favorite part of Rothenburg then. So when we visited Rothenburg as a family we decided to take the tour together, and our son was more than happy to see it again.

Hans Georg is very entertaining as he tells the history of the city and explains the job of the night watchmen. It is good entertainment for both adults and children. He has been doing this tour (being a night watchman) for many many years now. My only complaint is that I wish the tour was longer - it only lasts a little over an hour. There must have been at least 150 people in our tour - but this was while Oktoberfest was still going on in Munich, so there were probably more visitors here than usual. He does a second tour in German after the earlier tour in English.

It was 7 euros for adults and 4 euros for children. We even bought the DVD (15 euros) as a nice memory. Cash only. No reservation needed, just show up!

We were asked several times by locals and other visitors if we did the tour, so I think there is quite an acclaim to do this. If you are staying in Rothenburg, then we highly recommend to take one evening to take this tour.

1 Thank Reisemeister79
Raleigh, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The Nightwatchman's tour was informative and extremely entertaining. It was well worth the money. I highly recommend this activity.

Visited September 2013
Chandler, Arizona
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“If there is one thing you do in Rothenburg...”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Do the Night Watchman Tour! This guy is hilarious! He makes learning the history of Rothenburg fun. We took the city tour as well and there was very little overlap. This by far was my favorite activity in Rothenburg! Best 7 Euro I spent in Germany!