All reviewsyogurtmain buildingthe ownerbrilliant breakfastold townsecure parkingquiet streettea and coffeelaundry servicesmall feetrain stationwould definitely stay here againb and bbreadseparate buildingleave the carroom was spacious
Reviewed July 22, 2008

This was a beautiful place in a beautiful city. I have a family of five and the room was spacious. We had a room upstairs in the main building at the price of 114 Euros a night with breakfast for all five. The room was clean very spacious. The breakfast was great and included scrambled eggs, bacon, sasuage, cereal, fruit, various cold meats, breads and juices. Parking was 3 euros a night but we were allowed to leave our car there all day on the day of check out to continue exploring the city.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Rebima
Reviewed January 28, 2008

I was welcomed at the door because my suitcase could be heard coming over the cobbles. That was nice.
15 minute walk from the train station. Inside the walls.
Taken to my room in the out-building (a single floor, single hallway building) to leave my suitcase before returning to lobby to fill out paper work. Instant coffee/cocoa service in the hall. Although I reserved a single, I was upgraded to a cozy double. Tiles floors so bring your slippers. Given 3 keys, one for drive gate door after dark, one for the outer door and one for the room door.
(Some guests did not re-lock the outer door- you have to use the key.)
Each table in the cozy breakfast room was set for the number of guests in a room. Find the table with the right amount of settings.
Satifying breakfast including egg, yogurt, meats, cheeses, breads, juice, fruit.
Take the narrow street shortcut to get to the old town. Get a map at the desk.
Internet available at no charge on the laptop at the top of the stairs in the breakfast room.
For 39 euros a night, I had everything I needed plus atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2007
2  Thank kitchenchemist
Reviewed July 5, 2007

This hotel from the outside looks like a small, quaint hotel/bed & breakfast. Enter the walled city of Rothenburg and drive on the cobbelstone streets, entering a small driveway with greenery vines all around. The inside breakfast area was decorated in the older fashion of the timeless period. The rooms we stayed in appeared to be newly remodeled, very lovely and very clean and more than adequate. We greatly enjoyed our stay in Rothenburg--the town is awesome and having a lovely hotel to stay in made our time all the more memorable.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank wisconsinlady
Reviewed January 24, 2007

We stayed in August 2006, and booked a "quadruple room" for 88 euros. This B&B was very nice and is within the city walls. It is within walking distance of everything you'd want to do within Rothenburg. The room was excellent and charming. The quad room had a very nice size room with 1 double bed and 1 single room. On top of this, the room actually had a second, separate room that was private (with a door) with a single bed for the fourth person. Breakfast was good and traditional german (lots of sausage). No problems with parking, noise, etc. I would definitely stay here again next time I am in Rotenburg.

Stayed: January 2007
8  Thank NthanNewJersey
Reviewed January 1, 2007

This is a nice little hotel inside the city walls and close to everything. They are very friendly and family run. They have nice clean comfortable rooms with nice size private bathrooms. The included breakfast is the best we've ever had at a hotel anywhere...and we travel a lot. We were there over Christmas and they invited us and the other guest to a nice Christmas party, where they had home baked goods and even presents for us and our daughter. We sang Christmas carols and drank gluewine and ate cookies. I'd give this place the best recommendation possible. Nice room, excellent service, great location and a very low price...what more could you ask for?

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family