“Best dinner we had all trip!”

Hotel Restaurant Herrnschlosschen
Ranked #7 of 112 Restaurants in Rothenburg
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
pittsburgh
“Best dinner we had all trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful room, welcoming staff and magnificent food! You must eat here when you come to Rothenburg ob der Tauber! We had the scallops and the oxtail appetizer. Then we had the lamb, wild boar, sea bass and duck entrees. All 4 were outstanding!!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank sbduvall

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Incredible experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

FANTASTIC stay! My wife and myself were treated as a king and queen. I would definitely recommend it as a "must do".

virginia
“Fine Cuisine for Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our family enjoyed a delicious and beautifully presented dinner with a welcome departure from the typical traditional German classics. I had the eggplant appetizer which was light and refreshing followed by a deliciously seared tuna steak. My 11 year old son enjoyed the quail and steak courses as did my husband. Breads accompanying the meal were good and nice wine list to chose from.

Service was outstanding, well paced, and friendly.

• Visited July 2013
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Rather Expensive Option”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stopped here based on TripAdvisor recommendations but I found the food to not match its price. We were treated to some starters (soup) from the chef, which was quite good. Unfortunately the choice for food was limited and I found my risotto mushy. Staff was quite friendly and the place is beautiful. Perhaps on another night I might have chosen better.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Rowand
Boca Raton, RL
“great place, one of the nicest meals ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

What a great meal we just had. Our server was very friendly and accommodating. The food was great. By far this is one of the best meals we have had in Germany and in the top five anywhere. I had a veal dish with vegtables and the veal was very tender and tasty. My partner had the sea bass and she loved that. The cappacino dessert (like a mouse) was wonderful. Highly sugget dining here for a fine dinner.