Hotel BurgGartenpalais
$160
Altes Brauhaus(Rothenburg)
$144
  • Bar/Lounge
Mittermeier Restaurant & Hotel(Rothenburg)(Great Value!)
$113
$147
$120
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscharming hotelair conditioningcloset spaceprivate parkinggreat location and servicethe main squarechristmas spiritmiddle of townthe hotel's restaurantold townnice gardenfamily hotelon site parkinggerman hotelchoose this hotelsmall feespent one night here
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. Great welcome and personal service from the owner.
Only two problems- the airconditioning was inactive due to a fire and the quaint canopied bed creaked

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Good choice, the owner receives customers at the reception.
There is a lift and the rooms are spacious.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We stayed at this very nice hotel for 2 nights. Very nice room. Very nice location except for the bar across the street, downstairs from the shop on the corner.

It sounded like there were dozens of people out on the street until 3 am each night. It turned out to be like 3 or 4 people (having loud fun) coming out of the bar for a smoke?? This noise was the only negative at this place. Everything else was great. Might be a good idea to ask about this to see if they somehow have corrected it when making a reservation. Other hotels within that block would have the same problem.

The breakfast is great. The garden in the back is beautiful.

Take away the bar noise and we would have rated 5.

Room Tip: Ask if the bar noise has been eliminated. If not get a room off the street. Or ask the manager, Jorgen, if his wife's hotel in the back has room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We went to Rothenburg, Germany for a family weekend. I was in Germany from the U.S. visiting my son. I reserved a family room because we were traveling with my son, his wife and small baby and my nephew. We picked the weekend of the festival in Rothenburg which was awesome! Rick Steves on PBS recommended a visit to Rothenburg and he was right! Because we had a hodgepodge of family members I reserved a family room. It was perfect for us. The room was spacious and had two rooms; one room with a large bed and another room with two twin beds. We were met at the front desk and given a tour of the hotel. The hotel is decorated in period appropriate decor. The hotel is charming and on the main street of the city. The manager of the hotel made sure we were aware of the events that weekend which we would have missed if he wouldn't have told us. The breakfast is served in a warm, inviting dining room and was very fresh and tasty. I loved this hotel! Great location and service! Thanks!

Room Tip: The rooms on the street side may be a bit noiser at night with the activity that is going on outside.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We chose this place for our 2nd night in Rothenburg (after staying in Silence Burghotel the 1st night). I wish I had just booked a less expensive, garden view room at Silence instead. We were given a very tiny, claustrophobic room, when there were clearly other nicer rooms which we could have been upgraded to (there were very few people staying there the night we were there). The staff was cold and uninviting, even though I had been corresponding with the owner by email for quite some time and he had been helpful. The breakfast was excellent, although if I remember correctly, we had to pay extra for it. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front if you want a nicer room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple