“Bad service, long wait”

Zum Schwan
Ranked #21 of 112 Restaurants in Rothenburg
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: It shows up on Google maps...and I went there a couple weeks ago. It is a small localish place just down from the main square.
Brussels, Belgium
“Bad service, long wait”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were with a local, so it can't be blamed on language barrier. After a rude comment in the garden, we moved to the front. No one came to take an order, so my hubby and the local went in 3x to try to get served. Finally someone came and took our order. No apology. We had waited at least 30 minutes and had to wait probably another 30 for the food. When we wanted to leave it was the same story to get the bill. The good part was the food was tasty, filling and reasonably priced, but we will never go back.

• Visited August 2013

Oberoflingen
“Zum Schwan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Big meals so we split and it was plenty. The prices were decent but even better when you share. We tried the local Taulber white wine and it was quite good. We sat out back in the beer garden. The wait staff was very helpful and they had an English menu.

Visited August 2013
Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

This was the first place we ate in Rothenburg and it was average. We had the cordon blue and championrahmschnitzel. We found the meat to be a little tough. It was good, but I just expected a little better. The waitress was nice, but seemed to not like being there. They have their own beer and I asked the style of beer, she said it was beer so I asked if it was a hefewiezen and she frustratingly said, "no, it's beer" and when I looked confused, she said "a pils." Perhaps it's my ignorance (is a hefe called a beer in Germany??), but I was surprised by the gruff attitude in such a touristy location. I'm sure she deals with her fair share of annoying tourists, but I didn't feel asking for help to pronounce a dish and what style of beer they had was annoying.

Visited June 2013
Ansbach, Germany
“Yummy Kase Spaetzel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We eat at this restaurant almost every time we go to Rothenburg odt. The servers speak English very well and have English menus if you need them. The food is excellent. I love their schnitzel and fries. Also their Kase Spaetzel is amazing! Comes with a salad and their dressing is very good. The prices are not so bad and the location is ideal to get back to your car if you parked in or near the P2 parking.

• Visited November 2012
Heidelberg, Germany
“Average food, average price, nice wait staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

They were good at making room for party of 6 during the busy lunch rush. Good vegetarian option, three, but that is normal for German places if you want more than a salad. Wouldn't rush back... But good for that days lunch.

• Visited January 2013