“Average”
Review of Zum Schwan

Zum Schwan
Ranked #20 of 113 Restaurants in Rothenburg
Cuisines: German
Description: It shows up on Google maps...and I went there a couple weeks ago. It is a small localish place just down from the main square.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was the first place we ate in Rothenburg and it was average. We had the cordon blue and championrahmschnitzel. We found the meat to be a little tough. It was good, but I just expected a little better. The waitress was nice, but seemed to not like being there. They have their own beer and I asked the style of beer, she said it was beer so I asked if it was a hefewiezen and she frustratingly said, "no, it's beer" and when I looked confused, she said "a pils." Perhaps it's my ignorance (is a hefe called a beer in Germany??), but I was surprised by the gruff attitude in such a touristy location. I'm sure she deals with her fair share of annoying tourists, but I didn't feel asking for help to pronounce a dish and what style of beer they had was annoying.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We eat at this restaurant almost every time we go to Rothenburg odt. The servers speak English very well and have English menus if you need them. The food is excellent. I love their schnitzel and fries. Also their Kase Spaetzel is amazing! Comes with a salad and their dressing is very good. The prices are not so bad and the location is ideal to get back to your car if you parked in or near the P2 parking.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

They were good at making room for party of 6 during the busy lunch rush. Good vegetarian option, three, but that is normal for German places if you want more than a salad. Wouldn't rush back... But good for that days lunch.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

My girlfriend (wer aus Deutschland kommt) and I recently ate here. We both chose from the daily specials menu; Hackbraten and Spanferkel respectively, which we shared. While not fantastic, for the price the food was perfectly acceptable. The service was prompt, and the waitress was nice. Over all not brilliant, but very good for the price.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

It was lovely sitting outside on a pleasant summer's evening surrounded by medieval buildings, enjoying our meal at Zum Schwan. Service was prompt and our meal was good. There were quite a few people eating here. They served a good selection of German style meals