“very good hotel, very good restaurant”

Hotel Klosterstueble
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Rothenburg
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Amidst many tourist hotels in this city, we found a hotel with a heart. Close to the old city and next to the beautiful park the hotel offers nice rooms and excellent service. The restaurant serves delicious meals, also, if the weather permits, at the quiet terrace. We will definitely pass by once more.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My boyfriend an I stayed here one night and I didn't want to check out! I am very picky about where I stay and I was a little nervous about the place because it is older, but it's the most charming place I've ever stayed. The location was perfect, staff friendly, room was clean & spacious and the restaurant was amazing. I can't wait to go back! Lucky for me I have family who live in the area, so there's reason to visit again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a great hotel in the cutest German city there is. We arrived a little late, and found that the kitchen closes at 8:30...it was close to that. Erika told us to come, no problem, and we had a great dinner - not rushed at all. The room was in the old part of the hotel, and it was very cute. I loved that the windows open. There is a computer and printer available if you need it. We did, and ere grateful for it.
Breakfast was terrific. The hotel is great, and very reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maryallen99
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We rented the apartment which can sleep six. It had a small kitchen area with dining table, bathroom (with a tub and separate shower), two bedrooms and a loft area with a double bed. It was a large space for european standards and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was located less than a 3 minute walk to the main square of town. Breakfast was included and had the standard breads, cheeses and meats. I would recommend this hotel and hope to return again. If you stay in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, you MUST take the Nightwatchman's Tour. Very funny and informative. It was the best 7 euros I spent while traveling in Europe!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ajjMichigan
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We found the place walking by during the day and went back in the evening. No guests yet, nobody behind the bar, so I went looking in the corridor where the waiter was. The waitress that approached me was somehow not pleased to see me in the corridor. And showed me that!
Later she became more friendly, but first impresion is important.
Never the lees; the place is outstanding, certainly after all these German bars/restaurants. Also good, but sometimes people wish something else.
Then is this the place!
And why kir royal with Prosecco, not with your homeland Sekt?
White wine is a South-African one. We drunk so many good and affordable German wines!

Room Tip: Something else, something new. Recommended!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel fits the image of this historical town perfectly. The personel are amazing. Such friendly atmosphere is very hard to find in our modern times. The hotel restaurant can easliy race with the many of the top eating places in Europe. The rooms are warm, cosy and perfectly clean and silent. You feel home at the very moment you step to the door of this nice hotel.

Room Tip: Any room will meet your taste
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in early April 2013 and had a beautiful room with a view of the medieval church right next to it. The room was super cosy, spotlessly clean and offered lots of space. I very much liked the woodwork and the bathroom which was a clever mix of old historic and super modern. The bed was very comfortable, the wifi Internet connection worked flawlessly - I wish I could have stayed much longer ! The service was excellent and people were very knowledgeable and helpful - especially Erika who is a real charm of the house :-). The daily breakfast was in a romantic "grotto-style" room with a superbe buffet of fresh, local food, fresh juices and fantastic coffee. The other thing I really liked about this place was its location: It is located close to one of the town's medieval tower gate entrances on a cobble stone road that is lined with small local stores and restaurants - and it leads right to the "Marktplatz" which is the centre of this fantastic town. All of Rothenburg o/d Tauber is reachable by foot just in minutes - no car needed. As for myself; I took the train to Rothenburg and then walked to the hotel - it is only about 20 minutes or so, and the walk itself is easy and leads along beautiful old buildings and monuments. The staff at the train station was very helpful and gave me a walking map - it was very easy to find the Klosterstüble. I will definitely go back there anytime.
Tips: Try the "Rothenburger Schneeballen" a local pastry. Take the "Nachtwächter" (nightwatchman) tour which is guided by a very entertaining fellow. The tour leaves at 20:00 for folks that want to hear it all in English. If you speak German, I recommend taking the later one at 21:30 which is in German and it's more fun because of the dialect nuances and the guide's wonderful German humor. I also liked the "Käthe Wohlfahrt" Christmas museum/store, the "Kriminal Museum" (showing medieval masks, torture tools, and all sorts of medieval "justice system methods" :-) , and of course don't miss a stop at the local bakeries and butchers - you will want to pack your things and move here ! Parking: It can be done - hotel staff will help you with that - but this town is made for walking and less for cars.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo