“Great hotel great location great food!”

Hotel Klosterstueble
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Rothenburg
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed in Jan 2013 for 1 night. Our 3 children 5, 3, 1 loved it. It's on a hill which was a bit sporty with our minivan. Thanks to the cobblestone streets and trying to park for check in right there we got a bit stuck. Thankfully the owner came out and moved her car and got some locals to push us up the holland she directed us to parking not on a hill! It all worked out.

After the car drama check in was a breeze. We stayed in a loft apartment style right there in the top floor of the main building. It was beautiful. Kitchen, dining area, one bedroom with a queen size bed, one bedroom with two twin beds, a living room with games for the kids. There was also a loft room via ladder but we didn't use it b/c our kids would have probably hurt themselves.

It was a great stay. Breakfast the next morning was incredible. The kids liked eating there it was just really cool and lots of choices: pastries, bread, yogurt, granola, meat, jams...and juice, hot chocolate, milk, coffee...

We will definitely be back! I recommend it for everyone. Next time I would probably pick a different room /c of the # of steps. If you have anyone in your party with a disability make sure you ask for the right room reccomendation, they will surely help your choose what is right!

They also took our VAT form which saved us some $$$$. Can't wait till our next trip!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AFSOONRMOM
There are newer reviews for Hotel Klosterstueble

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Klosterstuble is a perfect hotel, that matches the fairy tale town of Rothenburg. This excellent hotel is a family run property that has excellent rooms. My family of five stayed here for 1 night and that is our regret, once you arrive you don't want to leave. It's very quiet and it's relaxing atmosphere takes you to a distant place. And was even better in the hotel is the breakfast, the best I had in year in a hotel. My family enjoyed it. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The only problem in the hotel and the surrounding area is that there isn't much parking space, so come early if your driving. I can wait to go back in my future vacations to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank pineronel
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed two nights at the Hotel Klosterstuble during March 2013 and highly recommend this hotel. The service is impeccable, the staff very friendly, the room fantastic and comfortable and all within beautiful Rothenburg ob der Tauber. All you have to do is step outside your door and experience it all. We ate dinner both nights at the hotel restaurant, enjoyed our meals and the morning breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 10,215
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Rothenburg is like visiting a fairy tale and Hotel Klosterstuble is a perfect compliment. My only regret is spending only two nights here before working my way into Munich. My family of four felt very welcome in our accommodation, which had two separate bedrooms. I especially liked how the second bed was lower to the floor, so I didn't have to worry about anyone falling. I'm not sure if the furniture was actually from the period, but it appeared to be: distressed with impressive iron hardware. The exposed timbers in the ceiling were very charming. The bathroom, meanwhile, was a mix of medieval and modern. Old-fashioned hardware welcomes you into a beautifully tiled shower/soaking tub. The mirror and sink size made it difficult for a family of four to get ready, but we were in no great hurry to leave our room.

The included breakfast was typical Bavarian fare: breads, cheeses, meats, etc. Also, a choice of eggs was made to order. The appearance of the breakfast room really did it for me with its stone walls and timbers. As you exit this room, the atrium is a lovely space as well.

The service at the hotel was outstanding for my circumstance. Being it a relatively small establishment, I did not expect someone to be at the front desk during the latter hours of the night. So, I had made arrangements when I planned to arrive late at 9pm. Due to my airline, though, I would be not be arriving until after midnight. The pleasant woman at the hotel told me I could either contact her once I was nearby or simply ring the doorbell, so she could awake to meet me. As I did not have a European-capable phone with me, I planned to use the doorbell. However, when I sleepily reached the hotel passed midnight, I pulled my car into a space near the hotel. And as I opened the car door, the kind woman approached me, prompted me to a parking spot right in front of the hotel, and welcomed my family to our room. She even lugged one of my large bags up to the room. After a delay of 6 hours from Air Berlin, we were off to a poor start, but Hotel Klosterstuble began a very memorable one indeed.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank humu1
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I couldn't have asked for anything more. Perfect location, fantastic FREE breakfast, comfortable bed, friendly hotel staff. Right across the street from my best dining experience in Germany the Burgerkeller.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went to Rothernburg ob der Tauber as a group of 4 friends. One booked this fabulous hotel and I can't say enough about how charming, quaint and friendly this place is! Our room accomodated all 4 of us with 2 rooms, a full bath with shower/tub and the most quaint location- upstairs with our own hallway and leaded glass windows overlooking the breakfast area. It was offseason, so fairly quiet, the breakfast was perfect, the hotel- super charming due to it's age and upkeep. Beautiful maintained, we woke up to light snowfall and bright sun. Our hostess was so helpful and always had a smile! We had beautiful views both outside our room and inside from our hall. Beds were super comfy- but if you prefer several pillows, ask before you go bed!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our host was Ms Everywhere! Thank you Erika!! Such a hard worker and nothing was too much trouble for her. Hotel Klosterstuble was a beautiful hotel in a great location. The first room we were shown was very small but when asked it was not a problem to change to a larger room. This room was large and lovely with opening windows with a pretty view of the church as well as very quiet. Opening windows are a must for me even in the cold of winter in Europe, I love fresh air. The room was very clean as was the whole hotel. The breakfast too was very pleasant with thoroughly enjoyable food and we had interesting conversations with travellers from Italy there. Our stay in beautiful Rothenburg was made all the more fantastic by our stay at Hotel Klosterstuble. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the street and neighbouring church with large opening windows
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family