Haus-Karin
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Rothenburg
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
ApARThotel Benjii(Rothenburg)
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bexcellent hostessshort walklarge roomsitting areabed was very comfortableguidebookcitywalleuroscouchfurnishings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at Haus Karin B&B in October 2011. This is a good, reasonably priced accommodation right outside the city walls of the beautiful historic town of Rothenburg ob ter Tauber.

The furnishings are a little dated, but the beds were comfortable. We were lucky we stayed there with my parents because we would have had to share the bathroom with strangers otherwise.

Karin was excellent at helping us figure out what to do. The Nightwatchman's Tour is a must.

The breakfast is a standout. So much food and lots to choose from. Very nice!

It was a bit odd that Karin started stripping our beds while we were eating breakfast. Luckily we had already packed up because we wanted to get on the road. The Asian guests upstairs were told at about 9am that they needed to get their things packed so she could strip the beds as she had other guests coming. I would have been uncomfortable if she had spoken to me that way.

Karin was a very nice lady to us, and the place is lovely and convenient. I would make sure you either speak to her in advance if you need to leave later, or be ready to go at 9am!

We laugh about it now and talk about "German precision". It was nice to be in a real household in Germany.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was my final destination on a two week tour of the German Christmas Markets. I saved the best for last! My train was delayed, but within minutes Hans appeared to deliver me to a wonderfully cheerful and immaculate room in their lovely home just an easy 5 min walk to the city wall. Revived with a hot cup of tea, city map and lots of good recommendations for Karin I was ready to take on the Christmas market. After a wonderful nights sleep, I awoke to the smell of coffee the next morning. Breakfast was outstanding - served family style with beautiful blue and white china, there is something for even the pickiest eaters I especially enjoyed her homemade jam and fresh breads. Being Christmas ther was even chocolate at every place! Karin is a wonderful hostess, who does all the little things, pick up and drop off to the train station, free beverages, city maps,great conversation and spot on recomendations that make stay here a must for future visits to Rotherburg. I cannot wait for my next visit in 2014!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have stayed at Karin's B&B everytime we visit Rothenburg. Each time we are greeted very warmly. I feel like we are visiting a friend. During this last visit to Germany, we had a problem with our hotel in another town so we called Karin at the last minute to see if we could come a night early to her B&B. Even though she was attending her brother's birthday party and would have to leave early, she eagerly agreed to us coming early. Karin's rooms are all neat and clean and her breakfasts are always wonderful. We enjoy talking with her each visit. We will see her again next year!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stay here only if you want the best breakfast, most comfortable bed and pillows, cleanest room and best service around. Honestly, The Weiss couple cares for all your needs. Herr Weiss will pick you up and take you back to the train station if you arrange in advance. The house is clean, and the rooms are part of the home. You have bottled water, beer, tea, coffee at your disposal at no additional charge. Wifi is available for a marginal fee. The breakfast is amazing. So much wonderful food! It's a 5 minute walk to the walled city. Frau Weiss will answer your questions and offer her insights when asked. She gave great recommendations for local restaurants, which did not disappoint. The cost for the room and service are so reasonable. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: In the morning that you check out, get up and pack. Frau Weiss accommodates people when they arrive and needs to get the rooms ready. There is no "check out time." Just pack and get ready so that she can get ready for the next person.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Frau Weiss was a most welcoming hostess, very high energy and enthusiastic. She came and picked us up at the Romantic Road Bus station and speaks very good English. We happen to mention that we were on our honeymoon and on returning to our room we found a small bottle of champagne with two decorated wine flutes and flowers in a vase on the table. She is most helpful and friendly. The B & B is just 5 minutes walk from the walled town of Rothenburg which allows a glimpse of the modern life of locals. We stayed for two days. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: There is no fitness center, I just went crazy with the excellents.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple