All reviews burg hotel breakfast room tauber valley four poster bed the owner family apartment valley view town wall living room charming hotel older gentleman surrounding countryside old town eggs to order great bathroom first floor spacious rooms
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really liked this hotel. Parking was very easy out front. The room was a nice size with a view of the courtyard, the Rothenburg city wall and surrounding countryside. Our host was very friendly. Breakfast we excellent. The hotel is in a quiet location within a short to the city center. The room was a bit warm given the weather but fans were provided to help. I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

Room was great and huge - we had the whole 4th floor it was over 60 feet long with lots of room
Great views in three directions
Breakfast was awesome and again views from the windows
We ate all three nights at their restaurant across the street- there roast beef was really a NY strip I think with delicious carmelized onions - try the strudel

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2019

Beautiful location, room and restaurant. Easy and free parking. The service in the restaurant was most likely the best service I've ever had in Germany and I've lived in this country for 13 years! The castle experience was truly magical.

Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

Some things in this hotel I would mark much more than 5 stars! Others not so much. The location of this hotel is absolutely superb and the room I was in had a balcony which was actually part of the city wall. Really authentic feel to it! I loved looking out into the lush green surroundings! However for the price the room decorations and furnishing was very old fashioned like something out of the 1970’s. Not untidy or worn but very dated. It could do with a bit of modernisation I think. The bathroom was nice and a good size and the staff were friendly and courteous. The breakfast was distinctly mediocre. The dining room itself was nice with a great view but for €225 a night I was expecting a few more choices for breakfast. It is not bad food don’t misunderstand me but for the price I was expecting a better breakfast. I guess you are paying for the location more than anything.

Reviewed August 23, 2019 via mobile

Room #2 is an absolute dream! Large suite with living room on the first floor. Beautiful bathroom with a huge tub my wife used every day. Wonderfully comfortable German style bed with luxurious linen. And the very best part is you have a private door to the terrace along the fortress wall. The terrace is available to all guests and has ample seating, but we had it all to ourselves for the duration of our stay. The entire staff were outstanding in every way. If you like a romantic hotel with old world charm the look no further.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple