“Quiet and cosy little hotel”
Review of Burghotel

Burghotel
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Rothenburg
Reviewed July 11, 2006

This small cosy establishment goes well with the quaint small town such as Rothenburg. We took room 15 for the great valley view and enjoyed every moment of it. All rooms comes with plenty of peace and quite since the hotel is situated at the end of a calm street ; rooms come with a view either to the valley or to the tranquil former monastery garden that gives access to the Imperial City Museum which is recommended for a visit for the towns' art and cultural collection. The hotel has no dinning facilities but there are many places to eat close by.

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank Jaja69
There are newer reviews for Burghotel

Reviewed June 13, 2006

The Burg is built into the wall of the city which means that the windows of many rooms look out over the beautiful valley of the Tauber, which is what we had. Each room has a different theme and both the rooms we stayed in were beautiful. (We stayed an extra night which is why we had to change rooms.) Rothenburg is a wonderful city. I can't say with certainty that nothing has changed since the fifteenth century but it certainly looks that way! Plenty of things to see and do - the Reich Museum is a must! The Burg is well placed to all the sights and very comfortable. Parking out the front (only guests allowed - cars are not encouraged in the town) or in the garage for a small fee. No restaurant in the hotel but there's plenty within a short walk. Free high speed wireless internet. Breakfast was good and they worked hard to accommodate my wife's dietary requirements. I haven't attached pictures as the website [--------------------] has a comprehensive set of pics.

The fellow on the desk was the first German I've met with a sense of humour. I told him my GPS had trouble finding his hotel. He said, "This is a medieval city - you need a medieval GPS"!

7  Thank Larts
Reviewed May 29, 2006

This was a great hotel with the most marvelious view of the valley. It is located on the wall of the city. It has an incredable view over the neighboring valley and is in teh most enchanting city in Germany. I only wish we had stayed longer

• Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank Emil48
A TripAdvisor Member
Munich
Reviewed May 26, 2006

This is a great small hotel. We stayed there for 3 nights in room 30,
the so called Tower Suite on the top floor with lovely views. The
bathroom was splendid, with large corner bath tub AND shower stall. We
were offered the wintersleep special rate of € 95 per night. Great
value! This rate seems to apply only in Winter. Wonderful romantic room.
View this and all other rooms and bathrooms on the hotel's website. We
had our first breakfast served in our room without extra charge. The
next mornings we enjoyed breakfast in the new part of the beautiful
breakfast room with panorama windows which allow you to sit like outside
on top of the wall in Winter surrounded by snowflakes.
The owner of the hotel is a marvellous, sophisticated and very charming lady,
married to a pianist who played our favourite songs in the "Steinway celar”.

See you in 2007!

• Stayed: January 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 12, 2006

The Burg Hotel is located in a wonderful medieval town. Accordingly, you may expect a wonderful medieval house. And you are right. But the price to sleep in this hotel is too much, considering the service you get:

1) First, there is no elevator to go up the stairs (all the rooms are upstairs). If you have big suitcases, this may be an inconvenient. (Yes! I know this is a medieval hotel but then... do not charge people 135 euros a night!!!).

2) The hourse is a bit... let's put it this way "cheesy" decorated... I know this may be the taste of the region but I also think it is overdone here... A doll house in the middle of reception???

3) The rooms are OK. Nothing special. And no special ammenities... The beds are designed following the Bayern style. But they are not done!!! I do not know if this is traditional, but I would rather have my duvet well put on the bed. I do not like to do my bed at a 135 euros a night price...

4) Bathrooms are completely dated (from the 80s). (See that the owners do not include pictures of the bathrooms on their website). There is no shower curtain. And almost no light... At least in the one I was assigned. It is creepy to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

5) The hotel is family run. Accordingly, they close after 10. There is a "bring your own key" policy... Again, too much for 135 euros a night.

6) Finally, breakfast, that is included in the rate. Breakfast is OK. The person serving it was nice and accomodating. Served coffee several times at our request. Food was plentyful. Nothing to object.

All in all, the hotel is OK, but not a "Relais&Chateau", if you know what I mean... Would not go again.

• Stayed: February 2006
13  Thank TravelerNYNy
Reviewed December 31, 2005

Another positive review!

We stayed for 3 nights and had room #8 for us and #9 for our kids (both on the 1st floor). The rooms were very tastefully decorated. Our room was quite big, with a sitting area and a 4-poster bed. The bathroom was very spacious with a large corner tub (no shower curtain). Our windows looked out over the little street out front and the enclosed courtyard to the side. The kids' room had a 2 twin beds put together and a separate sitting area and nice bath. Their views included the courtyard and part of the old city wall.

The staff was wonderful and helped to arrange Christmas Eve dinner reservations for us. The internet access in the small library was convenient. The breakfast was simple (meats, cheeses, yoghurt, fruit, and cereal) but was very good. It was a quick and easy walk to the main square, shops, and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2005
12  Thank Scrapegypt
Reviewed November 26, 2005

This is another positive review for the hotel. I arrived at 11am and the people that stayed the night before had not left so they upgraded me for free to a better room. The breakfast was good and the view of the valley was really nice. Rothenburg is a great town and really nice to visit at Christmas time. Of all the hotels I went to in Europe this was the best one!

• Stayed: November 2005